Chapter 26: Thanksgiving Break

~November 23rd, 2015

~
November 23rd, 2015. 7:20 pm.

Anxiety filled my gut. It caused me to tap my foot against the tile to help calm me down as I continued to stare down at the plate of half eaten spaghetti. My fork twirled in my hand, and the switchblade in my pocket shifted with each movement of my foot. It was situated on the side of my knee as I wore baggy cargo pants today.

"Are you really inviting your parents over for Thanksgiving this year, Alex?" My mom scoffed as she continued washing the dishes. He looked up at her as he finished his food. She seemed to irritate him with that question. It was obvious that my mother and I disliked his parents...they're the reason he is the way he is, it's not surprising that they're also assholes. I sighed and set down my fork, signifying that I was done. The tense environment wouldn't allow me to eat comfortably anymore...and it didn't help that no meals were allowed upstairs.

"What kind of question is that? Of course they are."

"Well, they always try to tell me what I should and shouldn't do. It gets on my nerves." Alex rolled his eyes, standing up from his chair. He then looked over at me—and my dish that wasn't rid of the pasta. The male sighed, walking over to me and grabbed my plate. My eyes never left his figure as he threw away the food and after that put the two plates into the sink. I flinched seeing him toss the dishes down instead of handing them to my mom.

"You better remember to not speak up to them. I don't want to get an earful from my mom after they go home." I bit the inside of my cheek as her expression only darkened as her anger built up.

"Alright, let's just fucking break the dishes, Alex. Let's add that to the list of complaints your parents will have...lack of fucking plates!" She huffed before grabbing them to scrub the marinara sauce off. "Watch your damn mouth, bitch!" My foot stopped tapping against the ground as my hand subconsciously grabbed the blade on the outside of my pants. So what I had in my fist was just the fabric around the weapon. My heart thumped against my chest, afraid of the argument that would start.

"No! I've about had it with you, and with your stupid ass family trying to tell me shit! I'm sick of your abuse, and I'm sick of you putting your hands on me, and my fucking daughter!"

He scoffed, a sinister look on his face was now displayed for the both of us to see. "You guys are stupid bitches who need to be put in their damn places! You always speak against me, thinking you know what's best for the both of you, when you in reality, don't know fucking shit! It's actually hilarious! Without me, you would have no home to live in, no stable finances, no money for full meals! Let's face it, you guys need me!" He shook his head, leaving to stomp up the stairs.

I could only look at my mom who looked at me in shame. She didn't know what to do. I know that she hates being here just as much as I do.

————————————
November 26th, 2015
Thanksgiving.