Chapter 14: Silencing

~Toby's pov

~Toby's pov

Pushing the boy off of his chair left him scared and confused. Jack Smith thought that he was alone for the night as his Father was out on the town, bar hopping and picking up women to ultimately take them to run down hotels to fuck them.

The black haired kid immediately got up after seeing me who was looming over him. Fear laced his features, but anger was the more prevalent emotion showing itself to me. "How the fuck did you find my house?! How the hell did you even fucking get in?!" He almost moved at the speed of light to grab the pair of scissors on his desk.

I wanted to laugh at his attempt, but it seems like humans will never lack the instinct to protect themselves when their lives are in danger.

"It was so easy. You didn't lock your window, you dumbass! How are you supposed to be home alone and not even think of securing your house?!" A sarcastic chuckle escaped my lips as I reached for the weapon on my waist.

Before I could grab it, Jack pushed me into his nightstand, causing my back to hit the edge of it that stuck out, he then took the scissors and stabbed me in the shoulder. He ran out of the door seeing me stumble and descended the stairs. I clenched my jaw, ripping them out and tossing the scissors onto the ground. "Are you fucking kidding me?!"

It didn't take me long to run after him, he was so close to reaching the front door. But he wasn't nearly fast enough. I reached for the back of his shirt, yanking the boy backwards causing him to slide against the hardwood floor. Hearing him grunt in pain caused a certain level of joy fill my gut. I never usually enjoy my kills, but this one is gonna satisfy all of the anger I've felt since our first interaction.

"Stabbing a guy who d-doesn't feel p-pain is not going to work out for you." Jack stood to his feet once again, but not without a deeper level of fear being expressed on his face. "You really are a fucking freak!" The boy's voice wavered as he slowly backed up from me. Like prey trying to get away from a predator's view.

I reached for my hatchet once again, and I gripped the handle with all of the strength I could muster. Jack kept backing up until a scream exited his mouth feeling my hatchet slash into his thigh. He crumbled to the floor, holding the wound while he tried to get up. Seeing him writhe made the need to see his blood splatter on the floor more intense.

"God! What the fuck?!" Jack exclaimed. I brought the hatchet up again to jam the blade straight into his leg. It never connected as he rolled over and dodged the attack. I grunted, seeing the adrenaline kick through his body. This gave him the ability to sprint making into the kitchen. I clenched my jaw, yanking my weapon out of the wooden floorboards.

Seeing the blood on the floor made a small chuckle leave my mouth. If he attempted to hide from me, he wouldn't be able to. His wound gave his location away.

I readjusted my grip on the leather handle, walking into the kitchen. I could see Jack reach for a knife that was put in one of those wooden displays.

I furrowed my eyebrows when a short blade entered my vision. A laugh escaped my mouth. "And what the fuck are you gonna do with that?!" I swiftly grabbed my hatchet and threw it at Jack's head. He dodged it, again, and it made me step back a bit surprised before the boy sprung up into my space. He raised the knife above my head to stab me, but I grabbed his wrist and kicked the stab wound, potentially causing it to become worse. This made him scream out in pain.