Chapter 31: The Blue Mask

December 10th, 2015

December 10th, 2015. 3:30 am.

I reached my hand up to my head, feeling a bit drowsy as I had just woken up from my sleep. My body still felt exhausted as I checked the time on my phone.

3:30 am. Strange...

I looked around my slightly illuminated room and when my eyes landed on something in my desk chair, my soul almost left my body as to how scared I had become.

What the fuck?!

The figure had a blue mask on, fondling a scalpel in his hands. My heart started to race seeing them snap their head in my direction.

I almost screamed out loud until they jumped off of my desk chair and put their hand over my mouth, shutting me up. A slight groan escaped me feeling one of their legs pin my waist down against my bed.
"Shhhh, don't want to wake anyone up now." A male's voice came out from behind the mask. My heart was beating at a painfully quick pace. Body numb all of the way down to the tips of my toes. I wanted to struggle underneath his hold, but the fear I felt made me stay still.

He placed the scalpel onto my desk, but not without keeping his weight on that one leg, ensuring that I wouldn't be able to go anywhere.

"I know that you've been...cautious the past few days. Afraid of the one we call master and still wary of Toby himself. Toby did all that he could to keep you safe and happy as he defied his orders to come back to us." My eyebrows contorted in confusion.

What is he talking about? What does he know? How does he even know?!

I had a shit ton of thoughts swirling around in my mind. "If it wasn't for those fuckers, he would've been able to keep his happy streak for a lot longer than usual."

My heart was racing as I was afraid, but I then became curious. I wanted to ask how he knew so much. And how the fuck he even got into my house?!

"What do you mean?" My voice was muffled underneath the palm of his hand. He almost chuckled, forgetting that I couldn't speak clearly. The figure removed his hand and patiently waited for me to speak my mind.

"Who are you? Why the fuck do you know Toby?" The fear caused me to be a little vulgar with him. "I'm a little disappointed that he never mentioned my name." The man chuckled before shrugging. He was still never going to let go of me. "I'm a friend of his. I've been staying with him ever since he failed his mission. But when I walked in on a mental breakdown a few nights ago, I became worried. He opened up and then I figured it was something you caused." He dug his knee harsher into my gut, emphasizing the you in his sentence.

It would be stupid to say that he wasn't a little pissed at me. I choked out a wince, grabbing onto his thigh to pry it off. My eyes were full of guilt as I laid in the same spot. I never wanted to cause an episode.

"Look, I never meant for him to spiral. I feel terrible knowing that he is breaking. But I don't want any part of this entity he told me about, nor do I want to be reminded that he's killed people for it." He clicked his tongue.