Chapter 22: Brian Lives

~Tim's pov

~Tim's pov

A huge sigh of exhaustion escaped me as I slammed the front door closed. It was never my goal to meet Y/n or even have a single conversation with her. It just happened...and the universe was punishing me by shoving her into my life...just another innocent person being affected by me and the lingering presence forever stuck onto me like a curse.

It was already enough that she had been dragged into a life of sadness as Brian was taken from her and now she's being met with shit dealing with the operator. I'm still confused as to how she's being brought into this besides being Brian's sister.

But would that be enough for her to be targeted? He was Hoodie. And he was fucking with his plans.

I groaned before going upstairs so I could finally set my guitar down. Today was just exhausting and I had enough with this fucking entity.

Why can't my life be normal for fucking once?!

An exhausted sigh came out of me as I sat down on my bed, trying to relax a little. If I was stressed all of the time, there'd be no way I could find out a way to protect Y/n from the fate Brian faced so long ago.
The sound of clacks against the side of my house caused me to tense up before grabbing a pocket knife from out of my nightstand. I flicked it open and turned around to see my window opening up and a body climbing through. But the flash of yellow that came into my sight calmed me down.

"God, Jesus fucking Christ!" I exclaimed and stepped forwards to the body on my floor chuckling. I lightly kicked him to get up, causing a grunt to come from him. I then reached over him to close my window and lock it.

"But did you have to kick me?" The man threw his ski mask onto my bed after tearing it off. I rolled my eyes and helped him up. He was ever so grateful for my hand that was extended out towards him.
"Now...tell me what the fuck you were doing outside without me?"

"Oh, what are you? My dad? Cmon, Tim. I'll be fine. I always am." A scoff escaped my lips hearing him say that; Someone that escaped permanent death somehow. "No, Brian, but I do feel responsible for you." His lips were parted as if he was going to say something, but he shook his head and grabbed his mask. "You know, feeling guilty forever won't help our friendship move along—or our mission." Brian sighed, stepping forwards to leave my room, but decided to stop. "You know, I had to warn her from learning any more about this...and I suggest that you should stop interacting with her as well."

I bit the inside of my cheek, feeling frustrated with him for some reason. All he was focused on was this mission to get rid of the operator, and I understand why. He tore him away from all that he loves. Which is also why he's so protective over their well being, but he doesn't really understand how much Y/n misses her older brother.

"Let's say that I do this...that I leave her to deal with this all alone. Who's to say that she won't die alone just like you did, Brian? Who's to say that the operator will leave her alone? I know that it will tear you up on the inside knowing that you couldn't protect her in the——" Brian grabbed me by my shirt and pinned me up against the wall. A bunch of emotions flowed through him at the moment. He was angry, sad, disappointed in himself and worried.