Chapter 6

The princess was frozen in her position, as if caught in a trap by the man before her.

"You... you're Deep Blue, aren't you?!"

He said nothing, but smirked so wickedly that it scared her further. Suddenly, the air around her turned ice cold, his body glowing a blackish blue. She shielded her eyes from the light, the increasing wind causing her hair to fly around her head, falling out of its style.

Moments later, Amai unshielded her eyes, finding nobody next to her, the garden empty except for her. The air still had a chill, making her rub her bare arms. Standing up, she shakily began to walk back to the palace. What had just happened?

"Why darling, you look so shaken."

She stopped in her tracks, spinning around to see the source of her fear mere feet behind her. Deep Blue, in all his evilness, grinned at her. Amai was horrified, what could she do? If she ran to get the guards, there would be lives lost on her account. But if she stayed and tried to face him alone...

"Wh-what are you doing here?!" She shakily said. He opened his arms to her. "I'm here to bring you home."

She looked at him confused. "I... I'm already home." she said, not grasping onto his meaning.

Deep Blue shook his head, that cruel smile not leaving his face. "No, sweetheart. I'm here to take you to MY home." He lifted his arms up, dark blue magic dripping from his fingertips.

Dark ice swirled around the princess. She cried out, not being fast enough to run as the ice enclosed around her body. Her arms were pinned to her sides and her feet to the ground. A thin rope of ice wrapped around her neck, not squeezing it, but putting just enough pressure to prevent her from calling for help.

The wicked king walked up to her. His long, pale finger glided up her neck to her chin, taking it in his hand. "You look so beautiful tonight, princess. You have no idea how tempted I was in the ballroom."

Amai struggled, trying to use her magic to escape, but the chill of the ice plus the pressure on her neck was making it hard to concentrate and sapping her strength. "P-please, let me go..."

Deep Blue smirked wider, his hands placing themselves on her shoulders, gripping the smooth skin. "Never." Then, cold lips covered hers.