chapter 1

Hello, my name is Ember, and I'm 23 years old. I'm from New York City and about to get my master's degree in entertainment, and that's why I picked JYP Entertainment for my job.

I have been working here for over a year to help with student loans, and I know I will put my two weeks' notice in after my master's is done.
I actually don't hate my job, I basically do housekeeping and tend to whatever the artist and trainees need.

When my manager told me that one of JYP's famous group was coming for a while, she put me in charge of keeping them happy.

" you have been with us for a while now and I believe your are one of our best so I expect you to continue to be your best when the stray kids come to stay with us," she says looking me straight in my eyes I bow to her and get everything ready for them.

When the day came that they arrived all the staff got in line.
" Welcome stray kids," we bowed, and they looked at us like we were crazy which was normal to us. My manager looked at me and I started with nerves.

" Hello, my name is Ember, and I will be helping you for your stay," I say, they bow to me, and I start walking.

" So here is the gym and the restaurant," I say walking slowly as they look surprised to see a restaurant.

"We don't have one like that in Korea," one of them said. We take the elevator up, and one of them clears their throat.

" So Ember, do you like working here?" I don't look at him, but I nod my head.
" Yes, I do," I say with a smile on my face.
" You're not just supposed to say that you like it, though?" Another one said. I laugh a little and get off the elevator.
" No, I actually think it's an amazing job," I say as we walk down the hallway.
" This floor is only for you and your staff," I say. I take the first key out of my clipboard and open the door.

" Mr. Seo changbin, " I say and put his name in the clear strip on the door.
" Just changbin, thank you," he says and bows. I bow as well and give him his key.
" Next is leeknow," I say, going to the door across Changbin's. I open it to make sure it works and put his name in the clear strip. I do this for the rest of them, as I'm at the end of the hallway, I say.
" Before you go and relax, there's a couple of things you should know," and they all look at me.

" I have a company phone that has all your numbers and that is used to service you while you are working, it can be for room service to house cleaning, " I say and smile but one of the guys has an annoyed look on his face, I remember it's Chan.
" You have our numbers.... how do we know you won't sell them to people, " he says, mad.

" Trust me, sir, the company would sue me to the moon and back, but I am not a person that is okay with giving out anybody's information, let alone my guests." he nods but crosses his arms.

" Oh and also I have a list of your schedules this week so I will be your morning alarm, just text me what time you want to be woken up and I will accommodate," I say with a smile, Chan rolls his eyes and walks into his room.

" Thank you," Felix says and bows to me.
" Of course, have a good day, guys," I say and walk back to the elevator. I walk to the staff station and huff a little.

" Did you be respectful?" my manager Amanda asks. I nod my head and start on their paperwork.
" One was not happy we have his number ... he thought I was going to sell it, " I say, looking at the computer screen.

"Bangchan?" She asks, and I look up at her.
" Yeah, is he normally this moody?" I whisper.

" He's protective, that's all I'll say," she says, going through papers for the morning meeting. I look at the time, and it 9am, the idols on the 3rd floor should be up in an hour, so I start their breakfast order.