#4 -"In which, I make Grian a 'tradwife' BECAUSE I CAN"

I was listening to a lot of tradwife commentary when I wrote this.

Sorry?

~

Grian frowned, adjusting his dress. It was long & 'modest', according to his wackjob family.

God, Grian hopes Pearl is living her best modern life while he's stuck here.

I should probably explain. Basically, poor Grian was ditched in Japan, where shit hit the fan, and he ended up with his distant aunts & uncles, who very much didn't want a male..

So, obviously, this traumatized 16 year old was raised to be a Trade Wife.

Logic!

Anyway, this is how Grian was trapped with his feathers clipped (thanks, escape attempts) in a long, modest dress, making bread. Grian was cut off from the outside world, told gently that his future husband would be the one to be kept up with those matters, not him!

I mean, atleast Grian was gay, so the future husband thing wasn't his worst problem.

As Aunt Rose walked by, she ran some fingers through his bright scarlet feathers, glancing at what he'd made. It was a fine dough; Grian had a natural affinity to cooking, it seemed. Currently, he was moving the dough into a pan with a dim frown on his face.

" Now, now, Gri! Smile! You should look good for your husband!"

Grian forced a bright smile, and Rose did her full-hearted grin. She patted the smaller's shoulder, continuing her path to the laundry room.

...

God, he hated this. Grian liked Japan more.

~

Scar was rather excited. Apparently, he'd been matched with ' the finest of the fine', ' gorgeous, traditional'...

Fine. His father had decided to marry him to another ancient company; The Gardens. All Scar had heard was that his future bride ( he didn't really like that it was a woman, but fine.) was a Tradwife.

From his extensive studies, a Tradwife basically relied on him completely and therefore couldn't leave him!

...

Scar didn't have issues. No! He was a manly man! He would swoop up his future bride & snuggle them to death, it would be amazing and glorious, and he'd finally get to show emotions.

Anyway, Scar was just about to meet his new spouse. Here's hoping it goes well!

~

Grian was fucked.

Rose had finally found a 'match' for him, who was apparently from the Clockers. Aka, the same corporation that rose to power via crime. Oh god, he was going to be beaten for stepping in the wrong place, and no one would care because ' good wives wouldn't be beaten & it was justified.'

Currently, Rose & Ferre where moving around him quickly, changing his dress and moving feathers; adding little gold belts and such.

It took a few more moments for them to be satisfied, and then Rose led him out to a two person table in the garden. It was a picture-usqe scene, with a large man littered with scars sitting down. The infamous Zombie, Cleo, boss of Clockers.Inc, stood behind him.

It was a frightening scene, and Grian could feel his wings unfold slightly as their feathers expanded. Oh my.

Rose was still grinning as Grian took a seat, rejoining a standing place next to her husband, Ernie. The scarred man was leaning over the table, looking at Grian with an admiring look- the avian swore he saw a hint of surprise in there, too.

Great!