Chapter 6: The Rescue

Second flicked his tail as he looked out the palace. Chosen still hadn't come back in and Second was slightly starting to worry.

"Second, shouldn't Chosen be back now?" The question came from Purple as he walked over to Second. Purple's legs had stiffed up and he needed to get up and walk a bit.

"I think so, but I don't know where is." Second's worry began to grow, now obvious on his face.

"I'm sure your brother is fine. He probably got doing something, and lost track of time." The caring voice of Mango sounded behind Second, making him jump. No one had noticed Mango get up, let alone walk over to where Second was. The tall orange skywing sat down next to Second and put one of his wings around the smaller hivewing, in an attempt to comfort him.

Second's worry had almost dissipated when talon thumps sounded and a voice rang out, bringing all the fear and worry back.

"Your majesty! Your majesty!" A dark red skywing with deep navy armor and the royal crest on the chest of the armor came changing in.

"General Firestorm, what is it?" Queen Skyfire looked over to the general.

"The nightwing, the one called The Chosen One, was taken!" Firestorm panted out, his tail lashing.

"Taken?! What do you mean taken?" Second was on his claws instantly, shaking with fear.

"It all happened so fast. The Chosen One walked out and sat at the cliff, looking out over the kingdom. I figured he just needed some time so I left him alone. Suddenly, the skywing that was guarding the door with me charged. He hit The Chosen One over the head, and before I could jump in and stop him, he grabbed the nightwing and flew off."

Queen Skyfire stood up. "Blaze, I want everything we have on the guard that was at the door. Scorch, I want you to check all guards see if anyone else is like that skywing. Firestorm, tell us which way the skywing took Chosen."

Blaze and Scorch bowed, then raced off. Firestorm looked at the queen. "He flew off in the direction of the kingdom of the sand."

"Moons above!" Queen Skyfire snarled, her tail lashing.

Mango look at the situation. Second was shaking with worry, and Purple and the CG were trying to comfort the panicking hivewing. "What does this exactly mean, Queen Skyfire?"

"I will know for certain once Blaze returns, but I think we have a traitor and a mole in the sky kingdom." Queen Skyfire shook her head.

"S-someone w-was..... s-sent f-for C-Chosen?" Second's voice was incredibly shaky and his sobs interrupted him.

Mango walked forward and put his wings around Second, pulling the shaking hivewing closer. "We'll find him, kid. I promise."

Pretty soon Blaze returned, but not with good news. "Your majesty, there was no record at all of the skywing that was on guard duty at the door with Firestorm."

Yellow pushed his falling glasses back up, then looked at the queen. "That means this dragon that took Chosen, posed as a guard so he could get close, and wait for the right point. Chosen may not have even been the target. For all we know, it could have been you, your majesty. The dragon probably saw Chosen and saw it as a big opportunity, and took him instead."

Green walked over to his older brother. "How are you sure, Yel?"

"Simple. Blaze said that sandwings hate skywings right?" Everyone nodded to that statement. "Well, a sandwing, possibly even the queen, could have hired our little perpetrator to either take or kill the queen, only for the skywing to get distracted by the sight of Chosen."