𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫

Vote & comment for the next chapter

KYA LAUGHED as she and Tabatha lay on her bed, chatting

KYA LAUGHED as she and Tabatha lay on her bed, chatting. It had been two weeks since they last spoke, and Kya regretted ever stopping their conversations. She realized how much she missed Tabatha's understanding and caring nature.

They were waiting for Treavon to return from whatever he was doing. The friend group had decided to go on a trip to clear the air between them. Dayvon had been against the idea, but Kya didn't care. She was determined to spend quality time with her friends.

"So, have you packed already? I literally can't wait to go," Tabatha said.

"Yeah, I did, but that's if we actually go. Treavon is taking forever," Kya replied, rolling her eyes. Tabatha shook her head in agreement.

"Are you going to visit your mom before we leave?"

"Yeah, I already grabbed her favorite flowers. I'll say my goodbyes and clean up her grave when we get back," Kya said, her tone softening.

As Tabatha was about to respond, Treavon walked through the door. "Y'all ready? Come on."

The two girls got up, grabbing their bags and leaving the room. Kya closed the door behind them.

Outside, Treavon opened the trunk of the car and started loading their luggage. The group had decided to stay at Tabatha's beach house, which boasted a pool and a hot tub—a perfect getaway.

While Treavon was putting the bags away, Tabatha climbed into the backseat, and Kya settled into the front passenger seat.

Once he was done, Treavon got into the driver's seat, placing the key into the ignition and turning it. The engine roared to life, and he drove out of the apartment complex, heading to their destination.

Thirty minutes into the drive, Treavon parked in front of the cemetery where Kya's mother was buried. Kya took a deep breath and grabbed the flowers from her lap.

"You want us to go with you?" Treavon asked, glancing at her .

"No, I'll be fine," Kya replied, giving him a small smile. She opened the car door and stepped out, shutting it gently behind her.

The cemetery was quiet, the only sounds being the rustling leaves and distant bird calls. Kya walked down the familiar path, her heart heavy with a mix of sorrow and fond memories. She reached her mother's grave and knelt down, placing the flowers on the headstone.

"Hi, Mom," she whispered, her voice catching in her throat. "I miss you."

Kya spent a few minutes in silence, tidying up around the grave and recalling the good times they shared. After saying her goodbyes, she stood up, took a deep breath, and made her way back to the car.

Treavon and Tabatha watched as she approached, both offering supportive smiles. Kya climbed back into the passenger seat, feeling a sense of peace wash over her.