𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Vote & comment for the next chapter

The next day

" I DONT know , I think they will forgive you," Rose said softly.

"Really? Because I was even hesitant to talk to you. Imagine talking to Auntie," Kya replied, her voice filled with doubt.

"My mama can be rude and come off stern, but you know she loves you, Kya. Just like how you lost your mother, she lost her sister. I think she wouldn't blame you for what you did. You needed your space. Grief is not easy," Rose said, gently grabbing Kya's hand.

Tears welled up in Kya's eyes and started to fall. She and Rose had decided to meet at an ice cream shop to talk things over. The atmosphere was a mix of nostalgia and warmth, a small refuge from the pain both had endured.

"I'm so sorry for not texting you sooner," Kya said, her voice breaking.

"Don't be, Kya. I promise, I was never mad at you," Rose assured her, squeezing her hand gently

"I think you should go and speak with her," Rose suggested gently.

Kya wiped her eyes and shook her head. "So do I just surprise her, or...?"

"My mother is having a little get-together at her house on Saturday at 5, and I'm inviting you. This will be your chance to talk to her. Invite your boyfriend Dayvon if you want," Rose said with a reassuring smile.

Kya smiled back, feeling a glimmer of hope. "Okay then. Auntie still lives in the same spot, right?"

Rose nodded. "Yeah."

"Oh, I should catch you up—I'm not with Dayvon anymore," Kya said, her expression turning more serious.

"Girl, what? Oh my God, why?" Rose exclaimed.

"It's a long story, but to cut it short and simple, Dayvon cheated, and I'm with someone else now," Kya replied shrugged her shoulders she couldn't care less about Dayvon anymore..

"He cheated on you while you were grieving? What an asshole," Rose said, her face frowning in disbelief.

"Don't even get me started," Kya said, shaking her head.

"So, who's the new boyfriend?" Rose asked, curiosity piqued.

"You remember my friend Treavon?" Kya said, a smile spreading across her face.

"Bitch, oh my God, no way!" Rose exclaimed, and Kya laughed.

"Yes, he's been so good to me, Rose. I mean, I wish my mom had met him. She would've loved him," Kya said, her eyes shining with happiness.

"Well I'm happy for you and I most definitely want to meet him" Rose says