𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞

Vote & comment

TREAVON LAUGHED  as Tabatha slammed her deck of Uno cards onto the living room coffee table

TREAVON LAUGHED as Tabatha slammed her deck of Uno cards onto the living room coffee table. The cards scattered slightly from the impact. They were playing a quick game before heading out to a party Tabatha had been invited to by some boys she knew. She didn't want to go alone, so she dragged Treavon and Kya along with her.

"You cheated!" Tabatha accused, standing up from the couch.

"How did I cheat? You always say I'm cheating when you lose you just suck at uno ," Treavon replied with a shrug.

"I don't suck, so shut the fuck up cheater!" Tabatha retorted, crossing her arms over her chest defensively.

Kya, sitting cross-legged on the floor, watched her two friends bicker with amusement. She glanced at her Apple Watch, noting it was already 10:00 PM. Deciding it was time to go, she stood up and adjusted her black skirt and corset top.

"Guys, we need to be heading at this party," Kya announced, her tone firm but light, as she pulled down her skirt slightly to ensure it fit perfectly.

Treavon and Tabatha turned to her, their playful argument momentarily forgotten. Treavon wore a simple black tee paired with black jeans and a black hat that sat atop his dreads, which hung over his face. He needed a retwist, and he made a mental note to ask Tabatha for help later she always did a great job with his hair.

Tabatha, now calmer, picked up her cards and straightened her black denim jeans. She wore a fitted black shirt that complemented her outfit.

"Fine, let's go. But Treavon, I'm watching you next time we play," Tabatha warned, a smile tugging at her lips.

Treavon chuckled, "Bet on that, Tabatha. I'll still win."

The three friends grabbed their things and made their way to the door.

They arrived at the party, Tabatha the first one leaving the car, Treavon following behind her, and Kya trailing after him. The air outside was cool, but as they approached the house, the pulsating beat of the music grew louder.

Treavon pulled on the door knob, opening the door. It was unlocked, so they made their way in. The house was huge, with high ceilings and spacious rooms, but the strong smell of weed and liquor hung heavily in the air. People were everywhere: dancing energetically to the music, drinking from red solo cups, and making out in various corners.

Tabatha immediately spotted her friend who had invited her. "Imma go say hey to Kash, byeeee," she said, waving to Treavon and Kya before weaving her way through the crowd towards a group gathered near the stairs.

Kya looked over at Treavon, who was already watching her with a curious expression. "You wanna go get a drink?" she asked, raising her voice slightly to be heard over the music.

"Yeah, let's go," he replied, nodding.

As they made their way to the kitchen, they had to maneuver around groups of people who were talking and laughing loudly. The kitchen was slightly less crowded, but there was still a buzz of activity around the counters and the fridge.