𝐒𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Vote & comment

It had been two weeks since Kya and Treavon started dating, and Kya was loving every second of it

It had been two weeks since Kya and Treavon started dating, and Kya was loving every second of it. Treavon was an upgrade for sure, bringing a joy and stability she hadn't felt in a long time.

"I think I'm gonna visit my mom today," Kya said, watching Treavon as he laced up his work boots. He had an eight-hour shift ahead and hoped it would pass quickly.

"Oh, for real? You want me to come with you? You know I'll take off—" Treavon began, his concern evident in his eyes.

"Nope, it's fine," Kya interrupted with a reassuring smile.

Treavon paused, then nodded understandingly. "Alright, but if you change your mind, just let me know."

Kya appreciated his offer. His support meant the world to her, but she knew this visit to her mother's grave was a step she needed to take alone. As Treavon finished getting ready, Kya arranged the flowers she had picked from her mother's garden, their vibrant colors bringing a bittersweet comfort.

"Let me drop you off and pick you up," Treavon suggested, grabbing his phone off the bed with a smile.

Kya chuckled as she finished arranging the last of her mother's flowers in the vase. "I have my own car for a reason, you know."

Treavon shook his head playfully, scrolling through his notifications. "Yeah, yeah, I know that, but let me drive you. I don't have to be at work until 9:00, right?"

"Don't be mad when you're late," she teased, brushing past him with a light touch on his arm. She paused at the doorway, looking back with a grin before exiting the room.

Treavon eyed Kya down, his gaze lingering on her as she moved. After a moment, he walked out of the room behind her, the soft click of the door marking his departure.

They made their way to his car, the evening air cool and still around them. Kya slid into the passenger seat, the leather interior soft and familiar. Treavon got in beside her, his movements smooth and deliberate.

He inserted the car keys into the ignition and turned them, the engine roaring to life with a deep, steady purr. He glanced over at Kya, before shifting the car into gear and pulling out of the driveway.

Kya's mind drifted as Treavon navigated the familiar streets.  She found herself thinking about her family—her aunt, uncle, and cousins. The pang of longing hit her hard she missed everyone so much.

Since her mother's death, Kya had shut everyone out, retreating into her pain. Months had passed without a word to anyone, and now the regret gnawed at her. She realized she wanted to reach out, to reconnect with the people she loved.

She remembered that she still had her cousin Rose's Instagram. She decided she would send Rose a DM, hoping it would be the first step toward mending the broken ties.