𝟖.𝐃𝐀𝐍𝐈 𝐁𝐀𝐁𝐘

First of all thank you everyone for 15 k reads ❤️
Here's the update for y'all.
Happy reading ❤️

(Those who haven't read the prologue of Thorns & petals . Go fast, read it and let me know your thoughts about it 🌹)

 Go fast, read it and let me know your thoughts about it 🌹)

We arrived at the hospital after some time. As we made our way inside, I followed behind her. Suddenly, her words pierced through the air, causing me to halt in my steps.

She turned around, locked eyes with me, and exclaimed, "Dani baby."

How did she know that I was Daniel? Wait.

Yesterday, I made sure everyone called me Ivaan and hid every possible clue, so she wouldn't find out.

But now, as she came closer, her eyes glistening with happiness, I stood frozen, unable to understand what was happening.

Did she know from the start who I was? Is she going to hate me? How did she find out when only a few people knew my real name, and they were strictly instructed not to reveal anything?

Then I saw her pass by me, and I turned to look in her direction, only to find her calling "Dani baby" to a street dog, which was wagging its tail at her.

"Aww, my Dani baby. Long time no see. Where have you been?" Ritu said, patting the dog's head. The animal licked her fingers as if her soft palms were its meal.

Ritu turned around and gestured for me to come to her. Taking slow steps, I reached her, just recovering from the shock, only to be hit with another.

Seriously? Did she name that dog after me?
"Mr. Goose..." She bit her tongue as soon as the new nickname left her mouth. "Oops, sorry, Mr. Rodriguez. Please meet my Dani baby."

I raised my eyebrows, giving her a look that clearly said, "Seriously?".But she didn't see that as she was busy with that piece of animal and the puppies.

"And here are the babies-that one is Brownie, that one is Milky, and the other one is Oreo."

I didn't say a word, but she came closer and asked, "Do you have any problem with my babies?" raising one eyebrow.

If only she knew how adorable she looked.

I nodded my head in a negative response to her earlier question.

"Then why aren't you greeting my babies?"

"Umm, actually, I have a question. Did you usually name these doggies like ...."

Her eyes widened, and she quickly looked around. She closed the distance between us and hushed me, saying, "Ssshh, Mr. Goose-I mean, Rodriguez. You shouldn't use that word here."
Confused, I asked, "Which word?"

She bit her lip. "Umm, that 'doggy' word."

Out of curiosity, I asked, "Why? Is it a crime in India to use that word?"