― 06

[ 🪩 ]
| ❛ C H A P T E R . VI ❜ |

The sun began to set, casting a warm glow across the horizon, signaling it was time to start getting ready for the school's welcome party

This year's event was especially significant, as our father had instructed us to wear black and showcase our family's brand.

I chose a short, black, strapless dress that hugged my waist and highlighted my defined shoulders and long, slim legs. The dress was a perfect blend of elegance and sophistication, perfectly representing our brand's aesthetic.

For footwear, I opted for black heels with the YSL family logo in gold as the shoe heel. To complement the look, I selected earrings featuring the same logo, adding a touch of luxury and continuity to my outfit. A few bracelets from my brothers adorned my wrists.

As I finished getting ready, I glanced at the Cartier bracelet from James. Despite its origin, it was undeniably beautiful. I hesitated for a moment, then decided to wear it. It blended seamlessly with the other pieces and added an extra layer of sophistication to my outfit.

My brothers were already dressed and waiting in the living room. Erik, in a sharp black suit, looked every bit the young entrepreneur, while Sebastian, in a stylish black blazer and trousers, exuded confidence and charm. They both nodded in approval as I entered the room.

"You look stunning, Iris," Erik said, a proud smile on his face.

"Yeah, you're definitely going to turn heads tonight," Sebastian added with a wink.

"Thanks, guys," I replied, feeling a mix of excitement and nerves.

Just then, our father entered the room. He was dressed impeccably in a tailored suit, his presence commanding and authoritative. He looked us over, his gaze lingering on me.

"Iris, Erik, Sebastian," he began, his voice even but firm. "Tonight is important. We're not just attending a school event; we're representing our family and our brand. I expect everything to go perfectly."

He paused, his eyes narrowing slightly. "Do not embarrass me. Understood?"

"Yes, Father," we replied in unison.

He gave a curt nod, then turned and left the room, leaving a palpable tension in the air. I took a deep breath, my resolve strengthening. Tonight, I would ensure everything went perfectly.

We made our way to the car, the anticipation building. The drive to the school was filled with chatter about the party, our brand, and the people we expected to see. Tonight was about celebrating and making an impression.

When we arrived at the school, the courtyard was already buzzing with activity. Students and faculty mingled, the air filled with laughter and excitement. The decorations were elegant, with red and blue lights adorning the place.

As we entered, all eyes seemed to turn towards us. Our father's reputation and the prominence of our family's brand meant we were always in the spotlight at events like these. I held my head high, channeling the confidence my brothers always encouraged me to show.

"You guys did a great job with the decorations," Sebastian said, his eyes scanning the room appreciatively.

"Thank you," I replied, a shy smile tugging at my lips. "We worked really hard on this."

The hall was a shimmering spectacle of black and gold, every detail meticulously planned and executed. Students and faculty alike were mingling, their conversations blending into a pleasant hum of excitement.

As I looked around, my eyes searched for Ruby and Lin, but there was no sign of them amidst the crowd. I turned to Sebastian, who was already engaged in conversation with a few of his friends.

"I'm going to look for my friends," I said, lightly touching his arm. "I'll be back."

He nodded, giving me a reassuring smile. "Don't get lost in the crowd."

I weaved through the throngs of people, the sound of laughter and clinking glasses creating a lively backdrop. As I moved deeper into the crowd, I caught snippets of conversations about classes, summer vacations, and, unsurprisingly, gossip about the latest school drama.

Just then, I spotted Lin by the refreshment table, her camera slung around her neck, snapping candid shots of the event. Her eyes lit up when she saw me approaching.

"Iris! You look amazing!" she exclaimed, pulling me into a quick hug.

"Thanks, Lin. You too," I said, admiring her chic dress. "Where's Ruby?"

"Over there," Lin pointed towards the DJ area. "Thank you, I'll go check up on her," I said with a grateful smile.

Navigating through the throngs of people, I made my way towards the DJ booth. The music thumped loudly, making my heart beat in time with the bass.

As I approached, I spotted Ruby near the edge of the dance floor. To my surprise, she wasn't alone—Mr. Sutton stood beside her, looking slightly out of place among the partying students.

"Ruby!" I called out, raising my hand to get her attention. She turned towards me, her eyes widening slightly.

"Am I interrupting something?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at her.

Ruby's expression shifted to one of mild embarrassment. "Oh, Iris, hey! No, not at all," she said quickly."Mr. Lexington was just complementing our work."

As I glanced between Ruby and Mr. Sutton, I sensed a bit of awkwardness in the air. However, before I could say anything, the atmosphere shifted dramatically.

A new kind of music began to pulse through the room, accompanied by a dazzling display of lights that filled the space with vibrant colors and energy.

I exchanged a puzzled look with Ruby, both of us clearly taken aback by the sudden change.

My gaze then shifted to Mr. Lexington, who was making his way through the crowd with a peculiar expression on his face. Curiosity piqued, I followed his line of sight, trying to find the source of the commotion.

⌗ !! ꒰ 06 ꒱ 🪩