― 08

[ 🪩 ]
| ❛ C H A P T E R . VIII ❜ |

The car ride was suffocating, the tension palpable as we drove through the night

The car ride was suffocating, the tension palpable as we drove through the night. My father's stern silence filled the air, a heavy weight pressing down on my shoulders, crushing me beneath its oppressive force.

I glanced at my brothers, their faces etched with worry as they sat beside me, their presence offering a small glimmer of solace in the darkness. But their eyes were filled with fear, mirroring the tumultuous storm raging within me.

As the car came to a stop, I felt a sense of dread settle over me like a suffocating blanket. We had arrived home, but there was no warmth in the familiar sight of our family estate, only the cold embrace of uncertainty.

My father's grip on my arm tightened as he pulled me from the car, his expression unreadable as he led me towards the large front doors.

My heart pounded in my chest, tears blurred my vision as I lay on the floor, the taste of blood on my lips from his brutal kicks. "The one thing I told you not to do, Iris," his voice cut through the air like a knife, filled with disappointment and rage.

"I-It wasn't our fault, i didn't mean to" I whimpered, my voice barely audible over the pounding of my heart.

"You're supposed to be a leader, Iris," he seethed, his tone dripping with contempt. "You're supposed to set an example for the school. But tonight, you've embarrassed me."

His words were harsh, each one hitting its mark painfully. Another kick landed on my side, driving the air from my lungs.

The weight of his disappointment crushed me, the guilt suffocating as it wrapped around my chest. I struggled to find words, to plead my case, but fear held me captive in its icy grip.

"I'm sorry, Father," I managed to choke out, the words tasting bitter on my tongue.

His expression softened slightly, but the fire in his eyes burned on. "I expected better from you, Iris," he said, his voice heavy with regret and sorrow.

As I lay there, broken, I couldn't help but wonder where I had gone wrong. The pain of his disappointment cut deeper.

⋅˚₊‧ ★ ‧₊˚ ⋅

Later that night, I found comfort in the quiet of my room. The pain from my father's outburst still lingered, both physically and emotionally. I lay on my bed, curled up, staring at the ceiling as tears continued to stream down my face.

The door creaked open softly, and Erik and Sebastian stepped in, their faces etched with concern. Erik was the first to reach me, sitting on the edge of the bed and gently brushing the hair away from my face. "Iris," he whispered, his voice filled with sorrow.

Sebastian sat on the other side, his hand resting on my shoulder. "We're here for you," he said softly. "You're not alone."

I felt their warmth surrounding me. Erik lay down next to me, pulling me into a gentle embrace. "I'm so sorry, Iris," he murmured, his voice thick with emotion. "You didn't deserve that."

Sebastian joined us, wrapping his arms around both of us. "We'll get through this together," he promised. "No matter what."

Their words and the comfort of their embrace brought a sense of safety I hadn't felt in hours. I let out a shuddering breath, finally allowing myself to relax. The tears continued to fall, but now they were mixed with a sense of relief.

"I don't know what I would do without you guys," I whispered, my voice barely more than a breath.

"We're a family," Erik said firmly. "We stick together."

Sebastian nodded. "Always."

I closed my eyes, feeling the love and support of my brothers wrap around me like a warm blanket. "Always and forever," I whispered, the words a vow as much as they were a comfort.

"Always and forever," Erik echoed, squeezing me a little tighter.

Sebastian nodded, his eyes glistening. "Always and forever."

We lay there in silence for a while, the weight of the evening slowly lifting as we held each other. The love and support of my brothers gave me strength, reminding me that no matter how hard things got, I would never be alone.

⌗ !! ꒰ 08 ꒱ 🪩