Chapter 3: Mai Tai's

Nerya's POV:

"Come early." I scoff as I throw my head into my pillow.

"I mean honestly who does he think he is." I quickly shoot my head up from the pillow. "I mean actually, who does he think he is."

"The infamous prince of Wall Street." Lilly answers.

I quickly pick up the phone, once my face returns to its normal shade.

"You weren't supposed to answer that." I groan, putting my face in the camera as Lilly laughs.

"Well what did you expect. He's a 27 year old CEO, he's bound to have an ego."

"Yeah but it's more than just an ego. It's his entire persona. It's-"

"Attractive." Lilly interprets, as I side eye her through the phone.

"I swear I'm going to hang up on you."

"Oh come on, Nerya. He's your type down to the bone. It wouldn't hurt to push on it a little."

"It'll hurt my good girl persona."

"Just think of it this way. You get to show up to work every day and look at his face and dream about how mu-"

"I'm hanging up now!" I shout out, before pressing the red button and throwing myself back into my bed.

"Come early." I mock, covering my face with pillow once again.

I hate this. I hate what a man with a cute face and sexy persona can do to me. This is gonna be hell.

I glance over to my phone once I see it's flashing. I amuse it's Lilly calling back but to my surprise it's Haley.

I quickly pick it up, answering it. "Hello?"

"Oh great you answered."

"Why wouldn't I?" I ask, thinking of only a hundred different reasons why I wouldn't answer the phone.

"Since when were you going to tell me you moved to New York."

"Um." Never, is what I what I wanted to really say but my day was already starting off horribly, didn't wanna make it worse by getting in a fight with someone who used to be my best friend.

"We could meet up regularly now that you moved closer to me."

"Yeah about that." I say slowly, trying to prep myself for how I can phrase this.

"Yeah?"

"Haley.."

"What? Oh I get it, the princess of Wall Street can't be caught hanging out with the likes of me."

"No that's not it." This is gonna kill me if this drags out any longer.

"Oh my God, then what excuse could you possibly have to not hang out with me."

I quickly sigh, sitting up straight. "I know what you did."

She got quiet for a moment before responding. "Huh, what are you taking about?"

"I know you slept with Jacob." I finally say, running my fingers through my hair.

This time the silence lasted a while.