22 | 𝘚𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘵 𝘏𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵

Luke's pov

She turns away making me turn to look at her. God, she's beautiful. I just want her to have me by her side.

I prayed to God, more like begged God, to want her to love me. Even the tiniest bit so I can make her fall in love with me even more, but that would be impossible.

She hates me.

I pushed her away when she said she cared for me. When I heard that, it felt like the world had stopped. It was a dream come true.

She look up at me with those eyes and I couldn't take it anymore and kissed her before pulling back, "I like you."

I said it.

Fuck.

I wait for her to say something, until a tear dripped down her cheek again.

"I like you, Milly. Since I was in grade 10. I used to get so excited whenever you visited our house, even though you didn't come for me. My heart skips a beat, every time you glance up at me with those brown eyes even when you're mad at me.  My cheeks begin to burn every time you say my name while smiling. When you're hanging out with guys, I can't even watch and be jealous since I have no right to be. Most of the time, your absence makes me crave you even more. Your touch, attention, voice, and glance... Gosh, you drive me insane." I groan.

I've never once talked about my feelings before, but why is it so hard and embarrassing whenever I'm with her.
It's like she casted a spell on me to be acting like this or something.

"I'm sorry that I was a dick to you." I look at her again expecting her to be serious but she start crying again.

"Milly why-" I couldn't finish my sentence when she went in for a hug, wrapping her arms around my neck.

My heart starts to race. Shit, she can probably feel it. She has always been good at hugging.

I just want to hug her forever.

I snuggled my head on her neck before wrapping my arms around her waist.

I hate sweets, especially perfumes, but she changes my mind every time. She smells so good.

Watermelon is now my favourite scent.

"I like you too, Luke." she giggles.

My lips starts to curl, feeling it all the way to the back of my head.

"But we can't.." I let go of her waist and made her look at me.

"You've lied a lot to me, but how can I really trust you, Luke..." she sighs shifting backwards. "This isn't the first time I've encountered this. How do I know I'm not getting played again."

She looked at me like I was one of those guys who played her. Maybe much worse since I was a dick to her all the time.

But seeing her say that while keeping a straight face, I couldn't help but think how of many guys have tried to hit on her.

Fuck, I feel like killing each one of them.

"And my brothers forbid me to have a relationship with any guy athletes. Especially THEIR best friend."

"I want you Milly."

"I want to get to know each other.  I can't even stand seeing you with other guys. And forget about your brothers, I'll deal with them." I don't want to go back to not talking with you. I feel like I'm gonna die if I don't.

I take her right hand, "I'll do anything to make you trust me again." gently kissed it.

---

Milly's pov

My heart flutters as I watch him gently kiss my hand.

I never knew he could say such words. Nobody can expect this from Luke. I guess Briar was right, there was a lot more to him that we thought we knew. But why is he hiding this side of him.

I gently place my hand on his bare chest, "Can you take me home." I whisper.

He nods and got up looking for his black compression shirt and starts putting it on as I watch him do so.

He's obviously a gym rat. Jeez look at those muscles.

He turns around, lending his hand out. I slowly reach it and we both made our way out of here. He holds my hand leading the way as people made space for him.

We were 5 feet away from the door until I hear a voice, Luke automatically pull my hood on me and placed me behind him.

I couldn't cleary hear what they were saying, but I think it's his friends from that horrible school.

"You're leaving? Already?"

"That's very unlike you." he chuckles.

"I got stuff to do." he states before grabbing my hand again about to leave.

There was one thing I didn't like about his friends. They were bullies who think they are the shit.

"Ohh! Busy fucking another girl? That's a new record, 3 times a day." they all laugh, I feel Luke's grip tightens for a second and the sound quickly fainted.

He drags me to his car, we both get in and everything was now quiet. I look down and noticed that my fingers were fidgeting.

I see him looking at me from the corner of my eye.

I look at him and smiled. "It's okay. It wouldn't matter. We aren't together."

He faced front and I saw his jaw clenched. "Right." he said with his raspy deep voice.

Couple of minutes later I arrived home. I slowly tiptoed up to my room without making a noise.

I drop my body on my bed and sigh. A lot of happened today. Seeing him make out with Jessica in a closet, we both almost had sex in Leo's house, he confesses that he likes me since Grade 10, encountering his awful friends and finding out he had been seen with 3 girls in just one day including me, makes my head spin.

I can't take that much in just one day. I need a rest.

But so, it's so rare seeing that side of him. I don't want anyone knowing that he's such a sweetheart other than me.

Some girls take a beautiful boy. They try to hide him away from the rest of the world.

-

-

-

-

LUKIE!!

This was a bit short but hopefully my mind starts brainstorming more ideas. I might not be able to post chapter 23 because I have 5 exam right now that I'm gonna stress about in a couple of days and I hope y'all understand.

 I might not be able to post chapter 23 because I have 5 exam right now that I'm gonna stress about in a couple of days and I hope y'all understand