Part 3

Saturday - Week 18:15 PM[ The Sully Residence ]

Saturday - Week 1
8:15 PM
[ The Sully Residence ]

Lo'ak sets his headset aside after realizing his room has gotten incredibly dark, with the only light coming from the screen of his small TV used just for gaming. He rolls his chair back and stands to close his blinds then turns on the light. He's been on his game for three hours, playing with two new friends Kiri introduced him to.

Bell Heni, a Sophomore boy with curly brown hair, soft blue eyes, and cream skin. And Krystal Lite, a Sophomore girl with wavy hair dyed pink, brown eyes, and tan skin. He met them on Tuesday, and has been gaming with them ever since.

This week has gone fairly well for him. He has Tsireya in most of his classes, and she's good company. He enjoys riding to school in his brother's sports car. Their mother doesn't drive, so she needed Bernard to take her places since their father wasn't planning to hire another chauffeur. So, he rides with Neteyam, and Kiri either rides with Voxell or Aonung.

They always have breakfast and lunch together, since it's become a habit, even though he spends most of his time talking to Aonung and Rotxo. Well, mainly Aonung, since he has yet to hear Rotxo utter even a single word. Kiri always converses with Tsireya, Nina, and Voxell if she's there.

His brother never really seems to speak to anyone, and every time he spots him during the day, he's alone. He wonders what the boy does to enjoy himself, but is afraid to ask. He doesn't want to pry or overstep, since they aren't exactly close. Kiri, though, is an open book for the most part, and will gladly answer any of his questions.

The last thing he asked her was where they were going tonight. Voxell is having a party and she's taking Neteyam to attract girls so she can study them. He doesn't fully understand why she needs to do that, but he can always ask later. They left fifteen minutes ago, and he has no idea when they'll be back.

Jake is on the night shift still, so he's at work, and the only ones home are Lo'ak, Neytiri, and Tuktirey.

After a stretch, he leaves his room, walks past his brother's empty one, and heads downstairs. He wanders into the kitchen, looking for a snack to refuel himself for the next hour he plans to spend on the game.

All is quiet, as he grabs a bowl and a bag of chips, until he hears his mother approaching. From the tone of her voice, he can tell she's on the phone.

As he pours his chips tensely, she comes into view, heading to the couch and ignoring his existence. She continues her conversation, and while he looks through the three different types of cookies they have, he accidentally eavesdrops.

Neytiri- I signed up for a life of the utmost luxury, not some average semi-wealthy family life. I don't know what the hell Jake thinks I did to him. I gave him all these damn kids, but it feels like I'm being punished.

Lo'ak chooses the crunchy chocolate chip cookies, since he prefers them over the soft chewy ones. He grabs a plastic baggie out the drawer and starts putting some into it.

Neytiri- Honestly! I thought I was cursed or something when the first one came out a boy, like what the hell was I supposed to do with that? . . . Oh Kiri? She's such a perfect daughter, and so put together even though I know she hates it here just as much as I do.

After setting his bag of cookies next to his bowl of chips, he santers over to the candy cabinet, but closes it back, immediately changing his mind about what he wants to eat.

Neytiri- No, I mean, Jake is definitely a catch, that thought hasn't changed. He's got looks and money, but he's just such a family man. . . . No, I haven't talked to Ramon since my last kid was born. That man left me a message saying I made a mistake choosing a family guy over him.

Lo'ak grabs a box of tasty cakes and pulls a pack out, smiling softly to himself as he thinks about the taste.

Neytiri- Of course he's right, but it's not like I can just back out now, I've got four kids with the man.

With his snacks, and a bottle of juice, carefully placed in his arms, Lo'ak leaves the kitchen, heading for the stairs.

Neytiri- (gasps) You little piece of shit, you were eavesdropping!

Lo'ak turns around once she shouts at him, and she stands from her chair, setting her phone down next to her glass of whatever alcohol is in the bottle next to the chair. She storms towards him, which renders him speechless, since she never acknowledges him.

Neytiri- What are you doing?! Spying for your father?!

Lo'ak- U-Um, I was just getting-

Neytiri- I knew it! He doesn't trust me!

She rages, pacing in front of him, but the moment he tries to leave, she directs her anger at him again.

Neytiri- Where the hell do you think you're going?!

Lo'ak- Up-

Neytiri- Trying to call and tell?! I don't think so! Go sit your ass on that couch!

With a gulp, he scurries over to the living room and sits on the couch, holding his snacks tightly. The woman angrily grumbles as she walks back over to her seat.

Neytiri- I can't believe this. I told him I wasn't talking to Ramon, but nooooo, his ass had to go and spy on me.

She grabs her phone and holds it up to her ear, then takes a long sip of her drink before speaking.

Neytiri- Giena, you won't believe this. Jake had our son spying on me. He thought I was really talking to my ex, even though I said otherwise. . . . I know right! This little brat was about to tell him what he heard.

She turns her attention back to him, and points her now empty glass at him.

Neytiri- Keep your mouth shut, or else.

Lo'ak nods frantically, then she points towards the staircase with the glass, dismissing him. He quickly leaves the room and runs up the stairs as fast as he can without spilling his chips.

He takes in a deep breath as he goes into his room, then sets his snacks on the rolling cart next to his desk. Forgetting to eat them, he sits in his chair and goes onto his game, editing a few things on his character, but his hands are shaking so badly he's clicking when he doesn't want to.

Rather aggressively, he sets his controller down on the desk. His heart is pounding, and he can't think. The only thought his brain processes, moves through his body faster than he could even recognize the thought itself.

Before he knows it, his fist is in contact with his now cracked and broken TV screen. The action finally registers, and his hand is starting to hurt and sting.