Part 14

Monday - Week 6
1:00 PM
[ H-School : Floor 2 ]

Neteyam adjusts his backpack on his shoulder as he heads to his third class from lunch, until someone grabs his arm and drags him into the boys' bathroom nearby.

After storming into the room, Aonung glares at the few other boys in there, and the look on his face is enough to make them scurry off to class. Most people in their grade have heard the boy's rumors by now, and want no problems with him.

Neteyam watches as they clear out, then is turned to face Aonung, who's still holding tightly onto his arm. He looks downward at the light glare on his face.

Aonung- What the hell is going on with you?

Neteyam- Uh-

Aonung- Why was Voxell talking to you? What did she say?

He tries to pull his arm from Aonung's hold, to give himself some space to breathe, but it's futile. With a heavy sigh, he accepts his defeat, and wonders if Aonung is stronger than him.

Neteyam- I'm pretty sure it was just another murder attempt. She tried to get me to meet her somewhere.

Aonung- Where?

Neteyam- Don't know. I wasn't interested, and it doesn't matter.

The room is silent for a moment, and he watches the anger disappear from the teal eyes he faces. His arm is released, making him rub the spot, and Aonung sighs softly.

Aonung- What's up with you then?

Another million dollar question. For starters, this boy's presence itself is enough to make his voice get trapped in his throat. But, that isn't something he wants to say out loud, so, secondly . . .

Neteyam- Take me to your fights.

Aonung- What? You act like you're done with me and now you wanna go to the fights?

Neteyam- I wasn't-Nevermind. Yes, I wanna go.

Aonung- You told me to stop going.

Neteyam- I know.

Aonung- And you're now trying to come with?

Neteyam- Correct.

Aonung- Is your mind really all over the place like that or do you just like confusing me?

Neteyam- It's not that complicated . . . I think. Maybe it is.

Aonung- You're not making any sense.

Neteyam- Doesn't matter. Just know that I wanna go.

Aonung's brows furrow, and his face holds something similar to disbelief.

Neteyam- I'm not gonna run away from you.

The look intensifies.

Aonung- That's the part I don't understand. You won't run away from me? Why not? Do you have any idea who you're associating yourself with?

He isn't sure where the boy's sudden doubt is coming from, and reassuring people isn't something he's good at, but he tries anyway.

Neteyam- Not a clue, but I wouldn't mind finding out.

His tone unintentionally had a flirtatious hint to it, and the moment Aonung stares at him in silence has him fearing he picked up on it. Though he tells himself he has no ulterior motives, the fact is, he most certainly does, he's just trying not to give into them.