Part 5

Wednesday - Week 2
12:15 PM
[ H-School Cafeteria ]

With his jacket zipped up, and his hands in his pockets, Neteyam walks into the cafeteria with Voxell storming in tow. She calls to him, but he ignores her, until she grabs his sleeve, stopping him.

Voxell- Neteyam!

He groans in annoyance as he turns around to face her. Between her pestering him about dating, and his little brother copying some of his habits, he's been endlessly annoyed.

Neteyam- For the last time, I don't want a relationship, and at this point, I'm done with you completely.

Voxell- Why? I'm the only one you've had any interest in for two weeks.

Neteyam- One and a half, and that's only because you're good at what you do, and also didn't ramble about getting into a relationship. Now that you are, it's time to move on.

He turns to walk off, but she grabs his sleeve again, making him turn back around.

Voxell- Okay, I get wanting no strings attached, but I figured we were different with each other now.

Neteyam- I only listened to you talk about yourself because it kept you around. It wasn't support.

She scoffs, then crosses her arms.

Voxell- Nobody's that heartless, but the fact that you try to be is kinda cute. I think we're a good match.

Neteyam- Are you blind? I clearly don't care about you at all.

Voxell- Look, I don't know if you're scared to date, or have your heart broken, but I'm a ride or die. You don't have to worry about those things with me. I'll stick with you through anything.

She gives him a small smile of reassurance, and as usual his expression is unchanging.

Neteyam- I don't care if you're ride or die, you can take that shit and hop on someone else's shaft.

Voxell- What the fuck is your problem? I'm telling you there's nothing to worry about, I won't hurt you.

Neteyam- My problem is, you're looking for someone to show you genuine affection, care about you, and love you, but that's not me. I mean every word when I say I don't care about you in the least. We clear?

Her mouth sits agape, but she can't deny the sincerity evident in his tone.

Voxell- Yeah, we're clear, asshole. You'll regret this.

With an attitude, she continues past him, going to a lunch line. He sighs softly, glad to be done with that predicament, then continues over to his usual table.

Kiri is next to Aonung, but conversing with Nina. Tsireya is on the other side of Lo'ak, watching him play Gold Racers. Rotxo is across from him, seeming quieter, if that's possible, since the boy never speaks. He has a voice, he's heard him laugh, and also heard the occasional hum in response to a teacher, but no words are ever spoken.

While Rotxo is dosing off across from him, Neteyam goes into his phone, looking through the many text messages from girls that asked for his number at the party.

He hasn't answered any of them, and he's trying to figure out which one he'll text. Anyone who sounds like they're trying for romance is a hard pass.