Part 10

Friday - Week 45:30 PM[ The River Residence ]

Friday - Week 4
5:30 PM
[ The River Residence ]

In the lightly furnished den, facing the large T.V on the wall, Rotxo sits on the sofa with his husky, Snuggs. His step brother is out, as is his step sister, and both parents are working. This is the usual for weekdays, as he's not allowed to go anywhere but school. Even if he were with Aonung, his presence out in the open would attract the attention of the Metkayina family, and they have eyes in many places.

With his legs crossed, and his small body being swallowed by his oversized hoodie, he slouches into the back cushion, and sighs.

His pet leans his head up, looking at him with alert ears, since this has to be the fifteenth time he's sighed while watching their favorite movie.

Rotxo- Think she'll come, or has finally gotten sick of me? I couldn't really blame her if she did.

Snuggs- (whines)

Rotxo- I know, I'll still have you, but it's not the same.

Snuggs- (grumbles)

Rotxo- Well you aren't human, okay, I'm sorry but it's true.

Snuggs- (barks softly)

Rotxo- I know you think I'm being dramatic, but you don't know what kind of position I'm in.

Snuggs turns to look at a photo of him and Aonung on the wall, and growls.

Rotxo- Yeah, Aonung would kill me himself if he knew what I've been doing.

Snuggs- (barks loudly)

Rotxo- He thinks you hate him, ya'know. Can I tell him he's your second favorite person?

Snuggs- (growls)

Rotxo- Ugh, you two are so complicated.

He starts petting Snuggs' head softly, making him lay on his lap.

Rotxo- Maybe I should stop.

Snuggs- (whines)

Rotxo- I know, I don't really want to, but I need to. I've been trying.

Snuggs- (snorts)

Rotxo- Yes I have. I just fail every time.

Snuggs- (yawns)

Rotxo- I know, we've been through this a hundred times.

Snuggs- (grumbles)

Rotxo- And I know she's supposed to be family, but she's so amazing, and when she's right there in front of me, I just can't help it.

Snuggs- (barks)

Rotxo- Yes, I'm aware that it's just pity, bro, you don't have to remind me.