9

Atsumu wasn't a part of any of the attacks that came after the one where Kiyoomi burned him. Kiyoomi didn't know why it frustrated him, but it did. His powers were going haywire again. His eyes kept inverting without him realizing it. Black holes would open randomly, constantly.

Kiyoomi couldn't figure out why at all. He just knew that it was irritating and infuriating, especially when people tiptoed around him like he was a walking grenade that could explode any moment.

The Jackals had to bring out someone else to keep Kiyoomi busy, a meta that the Adlers had nicknamed Groundbreaker. Groundbreaker, first of all, towered over Kiyoomi by about four inches, and second of all, had the ability of gravity manipulation.

Kiyoomi was sure he had a concussion, a few bruised ribs and multiple fractured limbs after those fights. Battling against Groundbreaker was brutal. He brute-forced his way through everything and Kiyoomi found himself missing the skilled, precise attacks from Atsumu.

Atsumu. His pained screams haunted Kiyoomi, awake or asleep. The image of him crying in agony, desperately fighting to keep away from the Adlers while Kiyoomi's negative energy burned him relentlessly, was engraved into Kiyoomi's irises. It left Kiyoomi easily angered and radiating murderous intent from a mile away.

Kiyoomi had tried to kill him, that much was true. However, Atsumu had tried to kill Kiyoomi as well, so it was natural for Kiyoomi to do the same. No, that wasn't true. The Jackals had a 'no bloodshed' rule, and technically speaking, the only blood Atsumu had really shed was his own.

It had been a month since Kiyoomi had regrettably burned Atsumu, and - surprise, surprise - the Jackals attacked again. However, this time it was different, because, one, they attacked the Adlers' headquarters and, two, Atsumu was with them.

It seemed like a stealth mission gone wrong. At first, it seemed like the Black Jackals would finally overthrow the Adlers, but then, with the realisation that Bloodhound wasn't quite healed completely, the tides began to turn.

Tobio was facing off against Velocity, Korai was against Lumin, Nicollas was up against Groundbreaker, and Wakatoshi was fighting against Meteor. Meanwhile, Kiyoomi was stuck with Bloodhound, and Heiwajima Toshiro, the Adlers' soundwave manipulator was battling Raptor.

As per usual, Fukuro was somewhere out of sight, letting his 'henchmen' do his bidding. Kiyoomi was almost sure that Ragnar would have been in the battle if the roles were reversed and the Adlers were attacking the Jackals. Kiyoomi shook his head to snap out of his thoughts and focus on the fight at hand.

Atsumu's movements were a bit sluggish and hesitant. It was clear as day that he was in pain but it was obvious that he wouldn't let Kiyoomi see it. Though, from years of battling against one another, and maybe the fact that they had grown closer, Kiyoomi could read him like an open book. Kiyoomi thought - hoped - that he and Atsumu had grown closer, but he feared that he'd screwed up whatever bond they'd built in the interrogation room when he'd burned the blonde.

Kiyoomi knew he was the only one that noticed it and he couldn't help but wonder why Atsumu would choose to come out and fight in the condition he was in. Ragnar wasn't like Fukuro, and something told Kiyoomi that Atsumu would have been allowed to sit out on as many missions as he needed to recover fully.

"Why are you here?" Kiyoomi questioned, just out of earshot from the other Adlers, "You're still injured."

Atsumu scoffed, dodging a sphere of negative energy, "I wonder who I have that to thank for," he snapped, "What? Feelin' remorse 'cause ya know I'm human now?"

A cry came out from down the corridor, one that was unfamiliar to all of them. The entire battle halted and turned to the source. Tobio had caught Velocity.

Velocity was on the ground, his legs and hands trapped in solid ice. Tobio was hovering over him, mist-like frost frothing out from the palm of his hand. Velocity was struggling. It was obvious to everyone, and right as Tobio was about to take the killing strike he froze.

Kiyoomi's eyes widened - he'd just about heard the two words Velocity had uttered: "She's safe."

"Do it, Frost!" Toshiro shouted, his voice whipping through the building at the use of his power, "What are you waiting for?"

Tobio stared at Velocity, his eyes blank and the rest of his face covered by his facial mask. Velocity just gave him a slow nod as if to reassure him.

Kiyoomi was tackled to the ground suddenly by Atsumu right as a blast of ice and snow showered across the room. Kiyoomi looked at Tobio in shock. The ice meta was standing with his back to Velocity, standing over him protectively. Tobio had his palms, frothing with icy air, outstretched towards the Adlers.

Lumin sprinted over to Velocity and blasted a beam of blinding white light at the ice around his limbs. The ice began to melt as Tobio guarded them. Kiyoomi could barely believe his eyes. Tobio's ice had covered all of the Adlers, except himself and Wakatoshi - and Kiyoomi since Atsumu had tackled him to the floor. There was a yell from Toshiro and suddenly the ice that he had been covered in exploded. Kiyoomi's eardrums felt like they were about to burst.

Raptor leapt at Toshiro but was caught by a blast of soundwaves and smashed against the ceiling. He fell to the ground in a heap of crumpled steel feathers, blood dripping from his ears. Nicollas ripped free from his ice prison using his super strength. He made a beeline for the fallen Raptor, but his path was blocked by Wakatoshi in full metal form. The dull white sheen of the metal shuddered as Nicollas landed an earth-shattering punch against Wakatoshi's chest. Wakatoshi stood strong.

"Meteor," his rough voice called, not taking his eyes off of Nicollas, "Is it true? Are they safe?"

"Yes," Meteor answered in that heavy voice of his.

"You have my thanks," Wakatoshi replied.

Then, Wakatoshi charged Nicollas, tackling him into the ground and landing punch after punch across his face. Toshiro freed Korai before turning and screaming in Kiyoomi's direction. The weight of Atsumu suddenly disappeared as he was thrown across the room by a blast of soundwaves. He crashed into the wall, knocked out. Blood trickled from his ears as well.

Toshiro then advanced on Atsumu with a murderous aura, muttering a terrifying, "If Vortex can't kill you, I will."

Then, all hell broke loose.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Oop things are being set into motion

Anygays, bye!
-CrackshotReaper

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -