Levi Ackerman x Male Reader: Chapter 15

After I had calmed down, I looked around at the dark foreboding room we had been locked up in. This wasn't the prison cells but a separate place, with just a shaft of light in the ceiling casting away the shadows encroaching around us. The thick stone walls surrounded us, except for a solid metal doorway, preventing us from escaping the despairing confinement.

"What is this place?" My shaky voice came out, parched from crying too much.

I jumped when Eren gripped my arm and pulled me up on my unsteady feet. My legs were barely able to take my weight as I gripped on to Eren, feeling weak and uneasy.

"This is Commander Erwin's personal space. Away from the ears of others who may interfere with his... desires" Eren said miserably, glancing away with a frown of contempt "Come on. You will freeze if you stay on the stone floor all night" he encouraged.

Eren supported my weight as he guided me across the cell. Each step sent painful jolts through me, as my body shook with the adrenaline still present inside. I look up at the dim light from the moon through the long shaft above us, the light barely penetrated deep below, casting a faint glow over the room.

There was a single candle that lifted the dark around two prison style beds against the wall. Eren helped me to lie down on my stomach, ripping some fabric from a shirt, he used water in his canister to clean some of the wounds on my backside. I endured the painful sensation, allowing him to do what was necessary. Even though we had been thrown together when Levi had made Eren watch in the stable, I still felt awkward being exposed.

"We better get this treated as soon as possible or else it could get infected" Eren said sounding concerned, "It's like he is purposefully trying to kill you as some vendetta against the Captain." he said with a curl of his lip, "You don't have my regeneration for fuck sake"

I winced as he dragged the wet rough fabric over the open cuts, gritting my teeth. Eren was quiet as he continued to wipe the dried blood carefully. I could tell he was trying his best not to hurt me.

"How can I go to the infirmary? What would I tell them?" I asked, "I am reporting that Commander Erwin Smith beat me with a cane because he wanted to trigger Ackerman blood in me?" I scoffed at the notion, "I would be better off playing it off as a ODM gear malfunction and falling on gravel"

I knew I would have to go to the infirmary but I didn't want to see scout leader Hange any time soon. Not after they put me in this situation, doing the Commander's dirty work.

"Ackerman blood?" Eren asked confused, "Why would you have Ackerman blood? Why would he be interested in that?"

I sighed heavily, not really understanding it much myself.

"It's madness. The Commander has lost it" I groaned out, "He told me I was distantly related to the Ackerman bloodline or something. He said trauma would reveal a power like Captain Levi and even... Mikasa Ackerman" I said avoiding eye contact, "Thats why he was beating me within an inch of my life"  I was silent then, staring blankly at the floor.

There was a long pause as Eren stopped cleaning my wounds. I could feel his eyes on me, so I glanced back at him over my shoulder.

"I know Mikasa and Levi are powerful but I don't know the reason behind it" Eren said thoughtfully, "Ackerman blood huh" he cast his gaze to me, "I guess that makes you related to the Captain somehow then?"

I scoffed at the suggestion, but it died out upon the realization of its possibility I had already considered. A knot of concern twisted in my stomach as the concept of the outlandish idea seemed more credible by the second. I had a heavy frown on my brow, wondering what that meant considering the type of relationship I was in with the Captain. I jolted when I thought I was in some type of relationship with Levi Ackerman, one I didn't want to acknowledge.