🐚 Thoughts about Rafayel 🐚

Me thinking of Rafayel like an onion:

(of course he is sweet and spicy and juicy, but that's not the point here! )

So many layers and masks, you have a hard time recognizing them all.

All these coatings to hide and protect the core of his very being.

If you have some day managed to dig yourself through all coatings and masks (or maybe he lets you to) you find a deep loving, vulnerable little flame, lighting his entire being. So delicate and sensitive... that it needs indeed to be protected and hid. Deep inside he is selfless, soft, and so damn lonely.

And I think that he's literally the most happy in the current timeline.

Because it's the first time he can really be with his beloved, spending as much time as he wants ( without the need to claim her heart)

Nobody around dictating how he has to live, what he has to do, who he has to love. No people he had to take care of, because there are not much Lemurian left.

Nobody sets expectations on him and nobody he can disappoint.

Of course, there are still threats for his life and his beloved, but he can manage that after hundreds and hundreds of years being hunted.

The first time, he lives as he wants. Even his path of vengeance is one he has chosen of his own. Nobody told him to do it.

In this lifetime, he is as free as someone like him is able to be.