15. This Dance

[This one's going to be a little long. But I enjoyed this so I couldn't stop. Hope that's okay 🤭 [Y/N] and Levi are finally getting somewhere 🥹]

After Levi's altercation with Zeke, he headed back home to his apartment. He was worked up, agitated, and tired. He wasn't feeling great and probably still had a fever. He was regretting ever agreeing to go to stupid homecoming.. but it seemed good ol' Hange was always pushing him to 'live a little'.

Levi and [Y/N] both spent the next couple of hours getting ready for the homecoming dance. Zeke told [Y/N] they would still be going even after the issues from earlier in the day. He apologized to her, even seemed to beg a little for forgiveness. He then ordered her [favorite meal] from [your fave restaurant]. She shouldn't have been so easy to forgive him, and she knew that. Especially considering how terrible he's been making her feel lately.. but staying mad at him was always so hard for her.

Levi settled for a light grey cotton button-up shirt and some black slacks for the night. He didn't own dress shoes, so he threw on a pair of black Versace sneakers and hoped for the best. After neatly slicking back his hair a bit, throwing on a watch and some [your favorite brand male] cologne, he sat on the leather sofa and rested his head back. He had his eyes closed, relaxing for a few minutes when his phone vibrated. He grabbed his phone off the table and opened his messages. He was surprised to see it was a text from Kenny.

Yo Levi
How you feelin' runt?

Levi wasn't used to getting texts from Kenny. He'd normally complain he can't text because of his fat fingers. The truth was Kenny just didn't understand how his cell phone worked half of the time. Don't bring that up, though. Also, don't tell him it's because he's old. He gets extremely triggered by it.

I'm alive
Going to this shitty homecoming dance tonight...
This girl asked me

A couple of minutes passed.

You have a date? It's been years since you had a date!

Use protection, boy! I'm not babysittin

A small 'tch' left Levi's lips, and he sighed deeply.

Yeah. Thanks Ken

What was he getting himself into? Nothing about this felt right. He was trying not to be a "Debbie Downer," as Hange liked to call it. But it was taking every fiber of his being to not text this girl and tell her something had come up and he can't make it. Levi knew if he canceled, she would probably end up alone at the dance, or there was a chance she would just stay home and be miserable. Both of those possible outcomes made him feel terrible. When did he turn into such a softie?

[7:45 p.m.]

[Y/N] was waiting for Zeke to arrive at her dorm so they could walk to the dance hand in hand. The homecoming dance was always on campus, located in the gym. Last year, [Y/N] and Zeke were the stars of the show. They were both best dressed, and all eyes were on them the whole night. She couldn't wait for what tonight would hold.

[Y/N] spun around in her pearlescent [fave color] dress. She felt like a princess. Her [hair color] hair had soft curls, and her makeup was beautiful, neutral, with a little shimmer.

"You look stunning! That dress fits you like a glove girl!" Hange clapped her hands, smiling from cheek to cheek.

"You don't think the back is too much?" [Y/N] asked as she spun around to show Hange. The back of the dress dipped dangerously low.

"Oh nonsense! All eyes will be on you!" She paused for a moment. She seemed to be thinking for the right words to say. "Soooo.. Zeke is definitely showing up, right?"