Not patient

I walked into Richie's hotel room, immediately struck by how expensive everything looks.

The large windows offered a breathtaking view of the city skyline, twinkling with lights.

Plush, modern furniture filled the spacious room, and a subtle scent of jasmine hung in the air.

Richie's belongings were neatly arranged, reflecting his organized nature.

He's always been like that, while my things don't really have a spot at home. It's whatever they can find to live in until I'm ready to use them again.

"I mean... Ha- I don't really have any clothes." He says as he pulls out clothes that don't look like something normal people would wear.

"Oh wait..." He says pulling out a pair of jeans and a polo shirt.

"It's not mine. It's Yuki's. I guess his clothes got mixed up with mine that time we stayed the night at the photoshoot because we didn't have enough time to go home before the next session started."

"Who?" I ask.

"Yuki. Don't worry, he's straight. He has a wife and two kids."

"Richie I didn't ask all th-"

"I mean..  I'm not a whore anymore." He stands up and tries to rush past me but I grab his arm.

"Richie... You weren't a whore... You were just a kid trying to figure out where you belonged in the world that you thought didn't want you."

Richie bites his lip as he takes in my words.

"Jared...I was a whore. I slept with so many--"

"I don't want to hear about it Richie. You came back because you're better. That's all that I care about."

I pull him into my arms.

"I'm going to go change into this. I'm sure
Yuki won't mind."

I let him go.

*******

I stare down at my phone.

Cory: sure is taking you a long time to breathe. 

Me: went with Richie so he could change clothes.

Cory: what was he doing the whole time we were waiting on him 🤔.

Me: we'll be back soon.

I look up from my phone and do a double take.

The first time that I met Richie pops up inside my head. The image of him being that happy, forgiving kid....

"You..." The word escapes my lips.

Richie smiles.

"Me." He spreads his arms and drops them. "I feel- ha- weird."

I stand up and walk over to him.

"What do you like to do for fun?" I smirk.

At first, he looks confused about my question, but then his face softens and he smiles a little.

"Hm. Want to hear a joke?" He asks.

I raise an eyebrow. 

"Have you heard about the um, the man who walks into a bar? Richie smiles.

"He-- drank?"

I walk closer to Richie and lean into him.

"I'm going to have to teach you how to tell a joke." I whisper before pressing my lips into his.