That's a wrap

"Jared....I can't leave if you don't let go of my waist..." I stare down at him.

We stand in the airport as Jared sits on his knees and holds onto my waist..

This is just a practice trial. I have no bags...I have no passport... I have nothing.

It was Corey's idea.

Instead of hanging out at a bar like I wanted to do with them all today, Corey decided this was a better idea.

"Okay..." Jared's grip tightens.

Is this how it's going to be when I really leave? He's just going to sit here with the people who're actually leaving staring at us as he holds onto me for dear life?

"Babe...let go..." I tug.

"Can't we do this tomorrow? Oh... You're leaving tomorrow." Jared pouts.

I squat in front of him and thread my fingers around his jaw. I pull his face up to mine.

"We're going to be okay, Jared. It's only six months. It's not four years like the last two times."

He lowers his eyes as his lips tremble. But he nods his head and we stand up.

He takes me into his arms.

Time seem to stand still and I look down to find my bags sitting next to me and the passport in my hand.

I let go of Jared to see tears crawling down his cheek.

"I'm going to miss you so much." His voice breaks.

It was only yesterday that we had practiced this but why am I holding onto the hem of his shirt?

"J-jared?"

"It's okay." He places his palm on my cheek. "It's only six months. It's not four years..."

That was supposed to be my line...

"He-" I close my eyes, causing the tears to run down my face..

Jared cups my face in his hands and pulls me closer. He plants a kiss on the tip of my nose.

"I love you."

Jared's POV.

"I love you."

It's taking everything in me to let him go. But it's only for six months and then he'll come back and be in my arms forever.

"I- love you too."  *He- sobs.

I pull Richie into me. I bury my face into the side of his neck.

Why do we have to keep doing this? Why do we have to keep saying goodbye?

"Flight 34-6 is ready for boarding." The voice calls over the speaker.

I let out a sigh and let Richie go. He grabs his things and then he gives everyone a hug.

This time, he doesn't look as confident leaving.

He doesn't look as happy going away.

He stops and looks over his shoulder.

"I'll be here! I'll be here when you return, Richie."

He smiles, causing another tear to run from his eye and then he walks off. Once he's out of view, I allow myself to fall.

I fall to my knees and stare off into the distance.

Faith, Lana, Seth, Cory, and Kade gather around me and give me the love that I need.

"We're going to miss him. But he'll be back." Corey tells me.

I nod my head.

***********