Mikayla POV

Mikayla promptly shut her bedroom door, locking it with a wave of her hand, and placed her glasses on her bedside table before flopping on her bed, shoving her face into her pillow, and screaming in giddy delight. She couldn't bring herself to lie to say Pitch wasn't just good-looking. He was drop-dead gorgeous.

The well-built man was quite tall, lithe, and dark. His features included a dull pale-gray complexion, metallic eclipse-like silver-gold eyes, striking glossy black hair arranged as pointed spikes emerging from the back of his head, and a nose, chin, and cheekbones that were all sharp. He wore a pure black robe that covered much of his body, like a shadow, with a v-neck and shadows that ran down his arms.

When she flicked her eyes down, Mikayla could make out black shoes and pants below the robe. And when he flashed that fleeting grin, Mikayla noticed that his teeth were such a stunning pearly white, jagged, and sharp, and the gentle light of the setting sun pouring through the trees made his eyes glow much like a cat's eyes.

Mikayla sat up with a huff, placed her glasses back on her face, and looked around her room. Her room was painted purple and jet black, with posters of her favorite bands and artists adorning the walls. The two twin doors that sat opposite Mikayla's massive king-sized bed were labeled as the closet and the bathroom.

The first door opened to reveal a very spacious walk-in closet filled to the brim with neatly organized clothes, shoes, and accessories. The large closet also had a large and narrow full-length mirror and a small vanity table, where Mikayla would often keep all of her jewelry and other related items.

The massive bathroom was just as stylish as the rest of Mikayla's room, with sleek black and purple tiles covering the floor and walls. It featured a luxurious bathtub, a pretty sizable and very modern glass-enclosed shower, and a double-sink vanity with plenty of storage space. The third door in her room was one that led to a good-sized balcony that looked over a massive garden.

With a sigh, Mikayla walked out onto the balcony, which was set up with comfy furniture and a small side table, perfect for enjoying a cup of coffee or reading a book. Her balcony also had string lights, creating a cozy and inviting atmosphere. She loved spending time out there, surrounded by nature, and it quickly became her favorite place in the entire mansion.

She often found herself unwinding on the balcony after a long day, watching the sunset and listening to the sounds of nature. The gentle rustling of leaves and the chirping of birds provided a peaceful soundtrack to her evenings, helping her relax and clear her mind. The balcony became her sanctuary, a place where she could escape from the hustle and bustle of daily life.

The sun had set, leaving the stars and the moon to illuminate the night sky, casting a soft glow over the balcony. It was in these quiet moments that she felt most at peace, grateful for the tranquil retreat that the balcony provided. Mikayla stared at the moon for a moment, swearing that she could see a face in its craters, a whimsical thought that brought a smile to her lips.

"You knew what you were doing, weren't you? Placing Pitch under my care? You know something, don't you?" she whispered to the moon, feeling a sense of familiarity towards Pitch.

"Does placing him under my care have to do with my dreams? Or am I just reading too much into this?" she mused, feeling a strange connection between Pitch and the mysterious dreams that had been haunting her lately.