Mikayla POV

"I'm not sure why you're wiggin' out," Annara said as she lounged on Mikayla's bed while Mikayla paced back and forth in front of her. "It's not that big of a deal." Mikayla stopped pacing to look at Annara with furrowed brows.

"Easy for you to say, you're not the one who has to deal with all these...feelings!" she retorted, frustration evident in her voice as she flapped her hands in the air.

"I just wish I could understand why I'm feeling this way," Mikayla added, sinking onto the bed next to Annara. Annara sighed deeply, sitting up and bumping Mikayla's shoulder with her own.

"Mikayla, this is Pitch we're talking about. The man thinks you're the sun, moon, and stars all rolled into one. It's no wonder you're feeling a little off-kilter," Annara said, patting Mikayla's hand in a comforting gesture. "But don't worry, you'll get there." Mikayla turned to Annara, a confused frown tugging at her lips.

"What the fuck are you on about?" Mikayla asked, raising an eyebrow. Annara chuckled, shaking her head.

"I'm just saying, it's normal to feel overwhelmed when someone is so enamored with you. Just take it one step at a time," she replied, giving Mikayla a reassuring smile. Mikayla just stared at Annara, panic starting to bubble up inside her. She had never been the center of someone's world before, and the idea of someone being so infatuated with her was definitely not something she was used to.

"What?" Mikayla asked, her voice barely above a whisper. Annara looked at her for a moment before realization sank in, and she reached out to gently place a hand on Mikayla's shoulder.

"Mikayla, have you never experienced someone showing genuine affection towards you before?" Annara asked softly, her eyes filled with concern. Mikayla shook her head, feeling a mix of emotions she couldn't quite identify. Mikayla could feel tears pricking at the corners of her eyes as she struggled to process Annara's question. It was a revelation that left her feeling vulnerable and exposed, but also strangely comforted by the concern in Annara's gaze.

"No," Mikayla rasped, "no, I haven't. You know me well enough to know that I'd have no idea how to respond to something like this." Annara's expression softened even more, her hand squeezing Mikayla's shoulder gently.

"It's okay, Mikayla. But you should know that Pitch absolutely loves and adores you, regardless of how you respond," Annara said, a small smile playing on her lips.

Mikayla looked at her, a pitiful expression on her face as she tried to process the overwhelming emotions that Annara's words brought up. She felt a mixture of relief and anxiety at the thought of Pitch's feelings for her, unsure of how to navigate this new revelation in their relationship.

"Are you sure?" Mikayla asked meekly, and Annara nodded reassuringly. "Absolutely. To him, you're his world, Mikayla. Please, don't doubt that for a second," Annara replied softly, her eyes filled with sincerity. Mikayla felt a warm sense of comfort wash over her, unsure how to fully accept the depth of Pitch's feelings for her.

She knew that she would need time to process this new information and figure out how to move forward in their relationship. Mikayla couldn't stop the pathetic wheeze from coming out of her mouth as she tried to hold back tears of disbelief. Annara reached out and gently squeezed her hand, offering silent support as Mikayla tried her best to process Pitch being in love with her.