I'll Take Care Of You

MAX

Charles slept on my chest, falling asleep while tapping the rhythm of my heartbeat. I loved this man so much that it consumed every part of me in such an irrevocable way.

I woke up long before he did but he held onto me tight so I just lay there, listening to his breathing and feeling his heartbeat against my chest.

His nails had clawed marks into my backs but it didn't hurt as much as the fact that I couldn't tell him the three words I never thought I'd be dying to say. I love you.

It was like every heartbeat of mine was so massively, amazingly overwhelming around him and every part of me was screaming, telling me to tell him how he drove me crazy with every breath he took. How I was head over heels for him and I would never recover. How I didn't want to recover. I was so entirely his and I wanted him to be mine. Hopefully one day he would be.

When he opened his eyes, they immediately found mine, "Max." It was all he said and all he needed to say.

"Charles, you stay here, I'll make breakfast and we can watch something if you want." I'll take care of you, Charlie.

I made bacon and eggs, carrying it in a tray to him. He didn't look like he could move his lower half and I smirked at that.

"I need to brush my teeth." He complained, getting out of bed and almost falling over. "Max, honey, you definitely didn't use enough lube."

"The bottle got over with how much I used, babe."

Charles limped so I offered to carry him. He just glared at me, ambling over to the bathroom as I watched in amusement.

When he finally asked for my help I picked him up, bridal style, and he complained the entire time.

I turned to give him his eggs but he reached out, touching my back near where his nails had dug in, "Did I do that? I'm so sorry."

"You don't have to be, Charlie, I like them."

"It could scar."

"Good. I want to remember."

"Have I ever told you how wonderful you are?"

"Yes. Repeatedly, last night."

"Well, I'm repeating it again. You're wonderful, Maximilian."

"And you're perfect, Charlie."

He smiled and the words were dying to come out but I swallowed them, switching on Netflix and sitting on the floor by the bed.

"Sit with me." Charles said.

"Sir, yes, sir." I joked and he shifted slightly. I got in and he turned F.R.I.E.N.D.S on. We watched in silence for once. I drew invisible patterns into his shoulder and he drifted in and out of sleep. It was comfortable.

Every previous relationship I had had was all about sex but this one was special. We teased each other and joked around, not constantly thinking about sex. We could watch shows in nothing but our boxers and not end up fucking and he liked me for more than my money or my body. He liked me for me.