Chapter Thirty Six

Just one more day. His arms squeezed her extra tight today when she woke up. Even though her bags were all packed up and ready to go, and she didn't have to go, she was still dreading Morgan leaving. The headlines had gotten worse overnight about his court case and Katie which made her worry about his mental health. She had woken up earlier in the night from a text from Ana.

Ana: *sent a link*
Ana: don't freak out

Laney had opened the link to an article labeled: Morgan Wallen's Bad Behavior Has Left a Bad Name For Nashville.

The article discussed his past reckless drunk behavior with college girls and getting arrested in the past. She went to bed after reading it but for Ana to say something meant that it had gotten on the public's radar pretty bad.

"Good morning, let me go get us some bagels?" Morgan held her tightly.

She gave him a nod of approval before letting out a big yawn, "Thank you".

He got up kissed her and walked out the front door with his truck keys in hand. Laney got up and brushed her teeth before making her way to the studio room to revisit her painting of the cabin. Sitting down and putting on some calm morning music, she began to paint. All she needed today was peace.

Morgan walked through the studio door with a bagel and coffee, handing it to her.

"Thank you," she smiled as she took a sip of her coffee.

Morgan stood and observed her as she painted and took a bite of her bagel.

"What?" she chewed.

"Anything you want to tell me?" Morgan asked with some curiosity in his voice making her shake her head. He wasn't that serious but there was a hint of amusement in his voice.

He looked amused as he looked at her, "Would you like to tell me how a cop told me that he pulled you over in my truck this morning at the bagel shop?".

Laney nearly choked, she had completely forgotten about that.

Morgan continued to tell the events of this morning, "Officer Davis and his friends were at Lottie's Bagels. He came up and introduced himself then came to tell me he was a fan of my music. But then he went, you have a nice truck by the way I saw it when I pulled your girlfriend over. And I didn't ask anything but I went to him...".

Laney turned beet red as he now hovered over her, "I pulled over and threw up out of nervousness. And then he pulled over to ask if I was ok and asked for registration".

He grinned before giving her a long kiss and pulling away, "You sure are something" before walking out and letting her continue to paint.

She hated the painting suddenly and put it to the side. Taking a picture anyway and sending it to Cook to market, she put her phone away and walked to Morgan who was watching TV in the living room.

"Hey babe?"

"Yeah?" he directed his attention towards her.

"What event coordination were you talking about?" she asked sitting directly on top of him.

He eyed her up and down, grinning and licking his lips as she practically straddled him, "Schedule time for me and some kids who want to pursue music. Figure out where donations could go".

She hugged him and nodded before getting off making him make a dramatic face.

"Wha-"

Laney's remark was cut off by her phone ringing. It was a call from Cook. She showed Morgan the screen, who cocked his eyebrow up out of curiosity and grabbed her jean short belt hoop, and pulled her back into his lap. She plopped down and picked up, "Hey Cook!".