2~2: My Top Anime Betrayals

(I did NOT thoroughly edit this so pls just ignore any errors if they're in there thanks!)

"So what's your name, Doc?" I ask, letting my legs freely swing off the side of a large medical chair.

She purses her lips, like she's going to ignore me, but then decides to answer, "Goodman."

"Goodman? Is that your first name or..."

"Doctor Goodman. My last name," she replies curtly, scribbling away on the clipboard in front of her.

"Alright, Goodman, so now that you've run all these tests, can I go back to my friends now?"

She sighs and continues to write, her eyes never leaving the clipboard. "Unfortunately, I'm going to have to keep you a little while longer. My records say that you were in the Maze for a long time and your lack of care since then has set you back a bit. I need to give you some supplemental medicines and run a few more tests."

"I'm fine though," I argue. She sets the clipboard down in her lap, obviously annoyed. She looks up at me and I grin. I'm having fun pissing her off. I'm also super bored and I don't really trust Doctor Goodman, or the Ratman, or anyone else here. Something's up.

"Are you a doctor, Hanna?" Goodman asks smugly.

"Yeah, actually." I was a Med-jack, not a doctor. But that was close enough.

"Oh really?" she challenged, rising to grab some things from the table behind me.

"Mhm," I say, my gaze falling onto the abandoned clipboard that rested in her chair. "You try performing successful surgery with little to no supplies on a boy who is bleeding out so fast that any operation over five minutes will make him die of blood loss."

She chuckles at that, not saying anything more. Part of me wants to watch what she's doing behind me, but I'm very interested in the clipboard. I quickly make sure that her back is turned before I focus on the dark ink that is printed at the top of my file.

Subject: A8

Given Name: 'Hanna'

Status: Immune

Blood Type: O-Negative

Important Notes: Ex-experimental scientist. Rogue. Threat to WICKED. Kill on sight.

Shit. Goodman was actually an Evilman, and her 'tests' she had lined up for me were definitely not good ones. Not if her notes say to kill me on sight. Shit.

This wasn't a safe zone from WICKED, this was WICKED. I have to get us out of here.

I'm about to turn around and take out Goodman at the legs, but she is already standing behind me with a syringe positioned at my carotid artery. Shit. 

She's injecting the solution and I'm rolling backwards, sending us both plummeting to the ground. I get on top of her and press my forearm heavily into her windpipe, sealing off any access to air.

Unfortunately, the sedative she gave me got to work immediately and I'm the one who passes out first.

***

I woke up tied to a metal chair. Bright, unforgiving lights glare down on me as my eyes painfully adjust to the room I'm in. Concrete walls and floor. A mirrored glass pane on one wall that I can't see through. A heavy industrial door in the corner. Another metal chair, like the one I'm tied to, in front of me.

Shit.

A few minutes go by, and the heavy door opens up. Ratman walks in, looking both amused and murderous at the same time. He takes a seat in front of me and stares. Creep.