3~1: Is Cheating Death Daily Considered a Special Skill?

TW: mention of SA + a monster of a ped0 (it's prevented though so it doesn't happen but if this is triggering, please skip over)

also, if any of you are ever dealing with something and you need someone to talk to or lean on, you can always dm me on TikTok and I will be there for you. you guys are brave and strong, powerful people. I love you guys.

now, to part three!

***

If I told you that I ended my morning by jumping off of an exploding building, would you believe me?

Probably not. Let's rewind.

30 MINUTES EARLIER

"Hermanos, do you copy?" Jorge's voice crackles through the radios.

"Yeah, Jorge, we hear ya," Frypan confirms. "We just dropped into the holding area. Hanna's working on opening the doors now."

By "working on opening the doors," I had pulled open the main mechanical system in the room and just started cutting wires until doors opened. It was pretty effective too, because soon every door in the room was unlocked, giving me and Fry access. "Done!" I call as the last door opens.

I take a step inside one of the rooms, where five children greet me, sitting on bunk beds with wide, fearful eyes. "It's okay," I promise. "We're getting you guys out of here. WICKED's never going to find you again."

Sounds good to them. The kids all sprung to their feet, following me out. "Wanna help me round up the others?" I asked one girl. She nods and races off to each room, recruiting the other kids out.

"Bomb squad, what's your status?" I ask into the radio.

"Bombs set and we're out of here," Brenda answers back. "Harriet just finished the last one."

"Right on time," I confirm, checking the watch on my hand. "Get the hell out of there."

Soon, all the kids were swarmed into the main room, awaiting directions from me and Fry. "Okay," I say, addressing all the children. "I'm Hanna and this is Frypan. We're immunes too, and we escaped WICKED. Now, we're helping you escape and we're getting you guys to a safe haven. We're going up to the roof, where our team will pick us up. Fry will take the lead, and I'll cover our rear. I want everyone to stick together, no stragglers. We're on a tight schedule, okay?"

Everyone nods in understanding and Fry orders, "Let's go!" They all leave after him. "Claire? Claire?" one boy is calling, frantically looking around the room for someone.

"Hey, buddy, what's wrong?" I ask, approaching the kid.

"I can't find my sister," the boy explains. He's no more than eleven years old.

"Did you see her leave earlier?"

"Well, a man came in and said that they needed to take her to the med-wing," the boy explains. "I thought she'd be back by now. But she isn't."

"What's your name, kiddo?"

"Hank."

"Okay, Hank. I'm going to find your sister. You said her name was Claire?"

The boy nods.

I puff my cheeks out, stress levels through the roof. "Alright, you go with the others. I'll get her and meet you guys up there, okay?"

Hank nods hesitantly, unwilling to leave without his sister, but I usher him out of the room and approach Fry. "Fry, I need to take a detour," I say. "Get the kids up on the roof. Keep Hank with you. He can help out." I mostly wanted Hank by Fry to ensure that the kid didn't come running after me to find his sister.