Fishing Geniuses

Nine pov:

I felt the light of the sun shine in my face which annoyed me. "Ughh..." I groaned as I sat up and stretched my arms. I then looked around and saw that the dumb blue Sonic wannabe is gone. "Good." He said as I went to my metal tails and put them on. "Let's see what needs to be done." I said as I walked out only to see the blue hedgehog putting down wood where my campfire was at.

"You're still here!?" I yelled in shock. "Yep! And a good morning to you two. I saw that the wood for the campfire was small so I thought that I should go out and get more." He said as I felt my left eye twitch. "Nicole! The bum is still here!" I yelled as I stormed back to my tent. I picked up Nicole who was online. "I see that you are up. I hope you have slept well." She said with a smirk. "You knew he was still here." I said.

"He wanted to know how to make a campfire and I give him some tips on how." She said with an innocent smile which I groaned. "......This is my life now. It just never seems to end." I sighed as I put Nicole down and went back out to see the Hedgehog looking at a big stick. "Do you think this would work for hunting?" He asked me as I took it away from him and tossed it to the pile.

"I already have food. Now why are you still here!?" I demanded. "Because, I want to be your friend and I'm helping you with this campsite, especially after the storm. And that I want to repay you bringing me into your tent." He said as I grunted. "I should've left you in the storm." I said as I went over to see what was needed my attention.

"I got the sticks and branches cleared off." He told me as I saw that he did do that. "Huh.... It looks like that you have.... Why are there two extra logs by the campfire?" I deadpanned as I point to the two logs. "It's for me and Nicole. I didn't want her to feel left out as we cook something over the fire." He said. "What is this, a stereotypical camping episode?" I asked in confusion.

"I always wanted to do camping! This is gonna be soo much fun!" He said with an excited smile. "This guy is just a barrel of positivity and it sickens me." I thought as I felt his happiness shining too bright for my liking. "Ughhh!! Whatever! If you're not gonna be leaving anytime soon then how about you go out and get us some fish!" I said as I went to my tool box and pulled out a small device and then pressed a button and it changed into a fishing rod.

"Here!" I said as gave him the rod. "But I thought you said that we have food?" He asked in confusion. "Yeah, well.. I'm currently feeling peckish for fish! Now fish." I growled. "A-alright." He awkwardly said as he began walking away. "The lake is that way." I said as I pointed east. "R-right.. I just had to turn around." He said as he changed directions and I sighed.

Your pov:

I had walked to where Nine had pointed and had reached to the lake. "Wow... this place is beautiful." I said in amazement as I looked around. I then realized one important thing that I have forgotten. "I don't know how to fish...." I said as I looked at the rod and back to the lake. "I'm sure it can't be that hard." I said as I gulped and walked forward.

A few unsuccessful attempts later

"Ok! .....69 times the charm." I said as I then reeled the rod back and then tried to swing it to the water but it wouldn't budge. "Huh!" I said in surprise as I turned to see that I had hooked a branch. "Dang it!" I yelled as I went over to get it untangled. "So I see the fishing hasn't gone anywhere." I heard Nine say as he appeared from the trees. "I never fished before." I told him as he did a chuckle. "How about you let a pro show you how it's done." He said as he took the rod and went to the lake.

"Watch and learn." He said as he then tossed the rod out of his hands and into the lake. ".......Have you..... ever fished?" I asked him. "Ummm...." He said as he then went and grabbed his fishing rod. "I.... I was just showing you how stupid you look!" He growled as he tried again but this time he accidentally hooked my mouth. "Ahhhhhh!!!!!"

Later

"Owwww...." I said as I held my mouth. "Ok! The fishing rod is a fools tool for getting fish! Let me show you how a genius fish!" He said as he pulled out a metal ball from his pocket. He pressed a button which it begins to flicker yellow. He then throws into the water and after a few seconds an explosion was made as a huge splash of water launches into the air as it began light raining water and fish. "And that's how geniuses fish." He smugly said as a fish landed on my head. "So cool..." I said in amazement.

I followed Nine back to the campsite while carrying the fish. "I see you managed to find (y/n). And some fish..... why do they look like they are in shock?" Nicole asks as she was placed on a log. "Nine showed me how to fish like a genius." I happily said as I began tying the tails of the fish on to a long stick. "........ he threw a grenade in, didn't he." Nicole deadpanned. "Yeah! It was awesome!" I yelled as I ran up to her.

"Hmmm.... Pardon me for asking but.... Do you have super speed like the real Sonic?" She asked. "He does. I scanned him and he has that ability. Although it is odd that you aren't using it?" Nine says as he sits on one of the logs which I say on the other. "Well, I did get.... Brought here by something yesterday so I'm still trying to get used to using my legs and stuff.... Also I hit a lot of trees when trying to use it." I told them. "Heh! Now I wish I saw that." Nine chuckled.

"Hmm... Nine could help you on that." Nicole said. "What?" Nine said in disbelief. "Really?" I asked. "Of course. He seen what Sonic could do and with his smarts he can teach you everything that you would need to know." Nicole explained. "I'm sorry, but when did I even agreed to that? There is no way I am teaching that punk anything on being that blue hedgehog!" Nine yells in anger. "We'll look at it this way. By teaching him it could be one of your greatest invention ever." Nicole said with a smirk.

"Yeah! It could be a great project that you made. Think of me as one of your awesome inventions." I joined in. "Ughhh.... If you were my invention, I wouldn't have made you soo happy....." Nine grumbled. "That wasn't a nooohoooo!!" I sang as Nine grumbles and Nicole laughs. "Fine! We'll start tomorrow! So be prepared." Nine grunted as he went to his tent as cheered with a fist pump.