19

Seeing Jessica tied up jerked feelings that traumatized me from my past. when she was alive.

She looked fine. she just looked helpless and emotionally beat.

Seeing that made me want to help her, but I couldn't. when I took a step towards her Clemtin held her own hand up against my chest.

"Why can't i go?" I asked.

She heaved "that's not Jessica." she took the gun that Dean was holding "it was never Jessica." then she shot the fake Jessica.

The fake Jessica disappeared along with any shrivel of hope I had left. I felt betrayed with many bolts of anger. These feelings were not towards the fake Jessica. not towards Bella, or the demon that possessed clemtins sister. it was Clemtin.

I turned to Clemtin as she hands the gun back to Dean. it's all slow motion after that.

The moment I see her face or even try to hear her speak I charge her and pin her against the doorway.

I snapped back hearing yelling in my left ear from Dean "what the hell are you doing?" Then he tried to force me away from Clemtin by pushing my shoulders, but failed.

I felt veins pop from my neck and arms as I screamed in clemtins face "you betrayed us! you said I was going to get a special message from the love of my life and it was all fake!"

"She didn't know that!" yelled Dean.

I turned my head to Dean still holding Clemtin "she knew everything! For all we know this could be a god forsaken trap!"

"Sammy." yelled Dean trying to push me away "look at her!"

When I looked at her I calmed. her face was straight. serious. even though she was on the edge of tears she held them in trying to stay strong. almost like she was used to this.

At that moment I realized the monster I just looked like. I was reminding her of her father. her wife beating drunk father.

I let go of her. she managed to stay on her feet when I let go. she sucked in a breath and looked me right in the eye then she slapped me across the face.

She made it quick, but the stinging from the slap subsided from 'quick'.

"Sam, I am as betrayed as you are. I didn't know that Jessica-" she pointed at the empty chair "was a fake this whole time! if anything I was the most betrayed because when I was left alone she was the only thing I had! and when I found you-" she grunted "oh my god! to think that I-" she hesitated then spoke more softly "to think that I was falling in love with you." she paused.

The air was still and awkward. she didn't have to say anymore. we all knew what she was trying to say. the fake Jessica wasn't the only thing that betrayed her. I did as well.

And I regretted it.

"Clemtin-" I started "I'm sorry-"

She held up her hand -which I flinched from-and said "no." she pulled out her angel blade and continued "maybe the problems that can be solved should go first."

She pushed herself past me with every intention to run into my shoulder and started walking down the hallway.

Before Dean walked he gave me a look of disappointment then followed Clemtin.

I followed them thinking about how stupid I was. I still am. I guess I'm so used to being betrayed that I just assumed the usual things.
That was stupid of me. Her past connected to her personality makes her a good person in the end. I can't believe I would ever loose sight of that. this is the cost of doing so.