When the golden sun sets

The aftermath of the confrontation in the royal courtroom was swift and severe.

Jeon JK, the defiant prince, was stripped of his social titles and privileges. His status as the revered commander and the untouchable prince was no more.

The news spread throughout Stardom, a kingdom where titles and respect were earned through strict adherence to tradition and law. Yet, JK was not banished from the palace; his father, King RM, wanted to keep him close, perhaps hoping he would come to his senses.

Tae, residing in the lavish quarters of the palace, heard of JK's punishment through the whispers of the palace staff.

Her heart ached for him, despite the confusion and fear she felt towards her own situation. She couldn't ignore the turmoil she sensed within JK, nor could she overlook the sacrifices he had made for her.

One evening, as the crimson suns of Stardom set, casting an ethereal glow over the palace, Tae wandered into the garden, lost in thought.

She saw JK sitting by the fountain, staring into the water with an intensity that belied his outward calm. Despite his loss of titles, he held himself with the same regal demeanour, his posture unyielding, his expression resolute.

"JK," she called softly, approaching him.

He turned, his face softening at the sight of her. "Tae," he greeted, his voice warm but tinged with an underlying sadness.

Tae sat beside him, her eyes searching his. "I heard what happened. I'm so sorry, JK. This is all because of me."

JK shook his head, reaching out to take her hand. "None of this is your fault, Tae. I chose to defy the rules because I couldn't bear the thought of losing you. I'd do it again if I had to."

Tae looked down at their joined hands, her heart heavy with conflicting emotions. "But you've lost so much, JK. Your titles, your respect... everything you worked for."

He squeezed her hand gently. "Titles and respect can be regained. But you... you're irreplaceable. You're worth every sacrifice."

Despite his reassurances, Tae could see the strain in his eyes, the weight of his choices pressing down on him.

She felt a pang of guilt and a surge of compassion. "Thank you for caring so much about me," she said softly. "But I need time to understand everything, to come to terms with... all of this."

JK nodded, his expression earnest. "I understand, Tae. Take all the time you need. I'll be here, waiting, and I'll do whatever it takes to earn your trust."

Days turned into weeks, and JK's attempts to gain Tae's trust grew more earnest.

He showed her the wonders of Stardom, the beauty of its landscapes, and the marvels of its advanced technology. He shared stories of his childhood, his family, and his dreams. He made it clear that despite his initial ruthlessness, he was capable of deep, genuine affection.

One afternoon, JK found Tae in the palace library, lost in a book about Stardom's history. He approached quietly, watching her with a fond smile. "Enjoying the book?" he asked.

Tae looked up, startled but then smiled shyly. "Yes, it's fascinating. Your world is so different from mine."

JK sat beside her, his presence warm and comforting. "I wanted you to understand more about where you are. I want you to feel at home here, as much as possible."

Tae's smile faded slightly. "It's hard, JK. I miss my family, my old life. Everything here is so overwhelming."

JK's eyes softened with empathy. "I know it's difficult, Tae. I can't replace what you've lost, but I promise I'll do everything in my power to make your life here as comfortable as possible."

Tae looked into his eyes, seeing the sincerity and the depth of his feelings. "Why are you doing all this for me, JK?"

He took a deep breath, his heart pounding. "Because I love you, Tae. I've loved you since the first moment I saw you in your garden. I was captivated by your kindness, your resilience, and your beauty. I know my actions have scared you, but everything I've done was out of love and a desperate need to protect you."

Tae felt a tear slip down her cheek. "It's so much to take in, JK. I don't know if I can ever feel the same way, but I appreciate your honesty and your efforts."

JK gently wiped her tears away, his touch tender. "I'll wait, Tae. For as long as it takes, I'll wait for you."

As days passed, both JK and Tae grappled with their new realities. Tae mourned the loss of her family and her old life, while JK struggled with his burgeoning feelings for her and the consequences of his defiance. The emotional turmoil challenged them both, pushing them to confront their deepest fears and desires.

JK's love for Tae remained steadfast, his resolve unbroken. He knew that earning her trust would be a long and arduous journey, but he was prepared to face it, no matter the cost. As Tae slowly began to see the depths of his love and the sacrifices he was willing to make, she found herself questioning her own feelings, the seeds of trust and affection beginning to take root in her heart.

hello hope u all r ok.

I just wanted to ask, is this story going according to your liking? Please let me know as it will really help me in writing the next chapters.

There are some silent readers and I really appreciate u all, but still it would be really great if u can please let me know.

Thanks a lot for giving this story a chance.

Have a really nice day.

Borahe 💜