A Kingdom in Peril

The palace of Stardom buzzed with unease. The news of an imminent threat from a neighbouring kingdom spread like wildfire, casting a shadow over the once-serene royal grounds.

The hostile kingdom, aware of JK's current status, saw an opportunity to strike, knowing Stardom's best soldier was no longer at the forefront.

King RM stood in the grand hall, his expression stern yet conflicted. Queen Jin, Jeon August-D, Jeon Jhope, and the rest of the royal family gathered around him, the weight of the impending conflict pressing heavily on them all.

Jeon August-D broke the silence. "Father, we must consider the gravity of the situation. The enemy knows JK is not leading our forces. Without him, our chances of victory are slim."

Jeon Jhope nodded in agreement. "Brother is our strongest warrior, the cornerstone of our military strength. We cannot afford to let pride and anger dictate our actions when the safety of Stardom is at stake."

King RM's eyes flashed with a mix of frustration and sadness. "He broke the rules, defied our laws. How can we simply overlook that?"

Queen Jin, ever the voice of reason, placed a gentle hand on RM's arm. "Sometimes, as rulers, we must make difficult choices. But as parents, we cannot ignore the value of our son's contributions and his unique abilities. We must find a way to reconcile."

The king looked away, torn between his duty as a ruler and his love as a father. He remained silent, the internal struggle evident on his face.

Meanwhile, in his private quarters, JK sat with Tae, who had become his solace and the centre of his world. He knew of the looming threat but remained stubborn, refusing to apologize or submit to his father, even if it meant jeopardizing Stardom's safety.

"You're willing to let our people suffer because of your pride?" Tae asked, her voice tinged with both concern and frustration.

JK's expression hardened. "It's not about pride, Tae. It's about principles. I won't bow to anyone, not even my father."

Before Tae could respond, the door opened, and Queen Jin, accompanied by Jeon Jiminie and Jeon Nancy, entered. Their faces were kind, yet their eyes held a plea.

"Tae," Queen Jin began softly, "we need your help. Stardom is facing a grave threat, and only JK can save us. We know he listens to you. Please, help us convince him."

Jeon Nancy added, her voice gentle, "You are the only one who can reach his heart. He loves you deeply, and if you speak to him, he might listen."

Tae felt a surge of pressure but also a deep sense of responsibility. She looked at JK, whose gaze was steady and unwavering, then back at the royal women.

"JK," she said, her voice firm yet tender, "I understand your principles, but this is about more than just us. It's about the people of Stardom. They need you. Your family needs you."

JK's expression softened slightly, his eyes reflecting a battle between his stubbornness and his love for Tae. "I don't want to bow to anyone, Tae. Not even for this."

Tae took his hands in hers, her eyes pleading. "Do it for me, then. Not for them, but for us. Show them that your love for me can bridge any gap, even one created by pride and rules."

There was a long silence as JK stared into Tae's eyes, feeling the intensity of her emotions and the truth in her words. His resolve began to waver, his love for her overpowering his stubbornness.

Finally, he sighed, the tension in his shoulders easing. "Alright, Tae. For you, I will do it."

Queen Jin, Jeon Jiminie, and Jeon Nancy exchanged relieved glances, their hope renewed.

"Thank you, Tae," Queen Jin said warmly. "You have no idea what this means to us."

JK stood, still holding Tae's hand, and turned to face his mother and sisters. "I will speak to Father. But know this—I am doing it because of Tae. She is the one who has changed my mind."

The women nodded, understanding the gravity of JK's words. They knew that Tae had succeeded where they had failed, bridging the gap between the prince and his family.

As they made their way to the grand hall, JK felt a mixture of apprehension and determination. He knew this would not be easy, but with Tae by his side, he felt ready to face whatever lay ahead.

In the hall, King RM looked up as JK entered, his expression unreadable.

JK took a deep breath and spoke, his voice steady. "I am here to help defend Stardom. I will lead our forces, but understand that I do this for Tae and for the people, not for any desire to bow to authority."

King RM's eyes softened slightly, but he changed his expression the next second, yet the tension eased from his face. "Very well, JK. Let us put our differences aside for the sake of Stardom. We will deal with our matters once this threat is behind us."

As JK nodded, Tae felt a wave of relief. She knew this was just the beginning of their journey together, but it was a crucial step towards healing the rift between JK and his family and ensuring the safety of Stardom.