Chapter 10 ~ Mr C.E.O ~

"there's no need to shout bro" Rak said looking around the coffee shop.

"no need to fucking shout, the guy accused you of stealing Rak, what about everything the cops put you through because of him" Stu said lowering his voice.

"he's been doing so much to make amends Stu, we came to an agreement to start again and we made our peace" Anurak said.

"start again? what do you mean start again, why would you even need to ... shiyaa you don't mean ..." Stu began.

"I don't mean anything Stu, the guy is really sorry, he's sincere bro" Rak replied.

"and you're staying with him in an apartment ... just you and him?" Stu asked.

"mmm"

"and you trust the guy?"

"mmm"

"what the fuck do you mean mmm? is he threatening or blackmailing you or something?" Stu said.

"no of course he isn't, look do you remember when you dropped me off at my condo the other day before your date? well I took a bunch of things to the charity drop off place then when I got back I was getting my stuff together to go to a hotel and he turned up at my condo"

"has he been harassing you?" Stu said.

"no, just listen ... he actually came to see if I was ok and to apologize for everything again, he was really sorry dude" Anurak thought it prudent not to mention that Niran had scared the living shit out of him that night.

"so what happened then?" Stu asked leaning back in his chair and sipping his mocha.

"well he saw my bags and I mentioned that I was going to a hotel and he offered to let me stay at his loft apartment"

"and you decided that you would rather stay with that lowlife piece of shit than your own family" Stu snapped.

"it wasn't like that bro' ... at the time I thought why the hell not, if I'm going to dump myself on anyone it might as well be him after all, he was to blame for everything" Rak said.

"so what changed?"

"you could say I saw his sincerity and when I find a new place he's insisted on paying for it to compensate for everything I went through, he's not as bad as we thought Stu" Anurak said.

All Rak could think of was 'that's one hurdle out of the way' but no way could he tell Stu that they 'liked' each other, not the way he was quietly simmering right now so any more would make him blow.

"well, I guess you know what you're doing" Stu replied.

"I know people Stu, it's my job and I'm good at reading people, the guy is sorry and he's doing everything in his power to make things right ... I actually think if you gave him a second chance you might even like him" Rak said.

"what's the point, as soon as you find a new place, the guy will be history anyway" Stu said and Anurak suddenly found his coffee very interesting.

The best friends chatted for another hour about work and what Rak had done in America then they parted company and when Anurak got back to his car he leaned his forehead on his hands as they rested on the steering wheel and sighed.

He loved Stu as a brother but how the hell was he ever going to tell him if he and Niran ever began dating, he would literally disown him, Rak was sure of it.

After a couple of minutes he set off back to Niran's loft apartment and after parking his car he went back up in the private elevator. When the door slid open he expected to see Niran watching tv or pottering about in the kitchen but there was no sign of him.