~ epilogue ~

Several weeks later, the renovations were in full swing and with workmen coming and going, the security guards were kept busy. Another few weeks and they would be able to move back into their new home at the other end of the vast property.

Stu' had visited Anurak often but now he drove his car up to the house he didn't really get the chance to interact with Jan anymore other than a quick greeting in passing but at least the guard wasn't so curt and unfriendly any more.

It's funny how the guy always seemed to be on gate duty when Stu' visited and on one or two occasions, Stu' had even thought he'd seen the guy smile when he had approached but of course it could have been a trick of the light.

He was getting along with Niran better too and one day he had come to visit with Anurak while Niran was at work and Rak had taken him down to the old suite to have a looked at how the renovations were coming along.

Stu was really pleased for his best friend, things were finally looking up for him, he'd had a tough time of it when he came back from America but now he had a wonderful boyfriend who took care of him and a lovely home, he was happy and Stu' was happy for him.

If only he could meet someone nice to settle down with, he had invested a lot of himself, emotions, time and money into his last relationship and he didn't want to go through that kind of disappointment again.

Luckily he hadn't been in love with her but he had liked her to a degree, he had thought she was a decent girl when in truth she was nothing but a conniving tramp. He had met Rak for lunch a few times with the guys he had met at work and was pleased to discover that they were a nice bunch.

They had made plans to go clubbing in a few weeks time and Stu' was looking forward to it, he hadn't been out in ages since before Anurak had left for the States so he was ready for a good night out filled with dancing and copious amounts of alcohol.

Meanwhile, Niran and Anurak had fallen into a comfortable existence where Niran would go to his office and Anurak would go wherever Kiri sent him which more often than not was KJ Advertising so he spent a lot of time with Andy.

They would come home from work and whoever was home first would start dinner unless they were dining out with friends then after dinner they would curl up and watch a movie or play boards games until they would go to bed and make love.

In the mornings, Niran would work out while Anurak made coffee and breakfast then Niran would do the breakfast dishes. They complimented each other in so many ways and Anurak couldn't remember ever being so happy.

One very rare occasions he would think back to the incident but would quickly push it to the back of his mind, he didn't want negative thoughts to gain any traction plus he had already forgiven Niran for his part in it.

Anurak's old apartment had sold and he had offered the money to Niran who had refused it and told him to bank it for a rainy day so after much deliberation he had done just that.

They sat one night and looked through brochures at fixtures and fittings, they chose everything together from the lounge furniture, a dining room suite and room dividers to the design of their new kitchen which Niran left mostly to Anurak anyway.

Anurak had tried many times to teach Niran to cook but the guy just didn't seem that interested in the culinary arts, the only interest he had in their kitchen was if the units were low enough to bend him over, the guy was insatiable but Rak wasn't complaining.

They had also decided on the new color scheme for the main part of the suite and even though Rak loved the blue they both decided on warm tones in different shades of peach and on the new larger balcony, Anurak was looking forward to having pot plants and a small herb garden.