chpt.11: The book world

You were too bored today after your usual morning routine. You didn't have Rosè to talk about complete nonsense like you both do every day. Rosè went with the Jimin and Felix to check the kingdom around. They called you too, but you didn't have quite of the mood to go out today. You didn't how the three of them would tolerate for a while without bickering.

You came out of your bedroom and started to roam around the palace. It's was quite boring but, good enough than the boredom you had a while ago.

You hear a voice which called your name out when you were passing the King and Queen's room.

"Y/n dear. Come in" Called the queen.
"Yes mother." You replied.
"What are you doing all alone?"
"I was just roaming around mother. Nothing big."
"Oh,may I join? I was heading to the library. I heard you enjoy reading. "
"Oh? How do you know? "
"If I heard,I heard it right. Come on,let's go" she said leading the way.

How does she know. I didn't tell any- wait....I told it to Jimin only. No he didn't.

You scolded yourself for telling him in the first place. Wait...he talks about you to his mother.

While you were in your thoughts,the queen was way farther than you were.
She was faster than you. You had to run behind her to catch up.

Finally, after all of that running and catching up, your eyes landed on a huge doubled door,carved and finished to perfection.

"Here we are!" The queen said and pushed the doubled doors.

As the doors opened,a beautiful,
perfect stacks of book shelves. It was like in the Joseons.

You both went in as your eyes,started to shine. You went through all the shelf passageways,one by one. Letting your eyes to admire every genre of books that were there.

"This is amazing" you said looking at the huge library.
"You like it?" The queen asked.
You hummed your eyes still roaming around.
"You can come here whenever you want. Take any book to your room to kill your boredom. Mmm?"
"Really? " your eyes shimmering.
"Afcourse! This is your place" she squealed.
"Thank you mother!" You said hugging her.
"Let's read,shall we?" She asked,taking your hand and pulling her with you.

You both ran around the library having your time together like a mother and daughter duo. Both of you taking about your past,telling silly jokes and cringing at eachother, sharing your favorite genres. Time flew like that for a while.
You got to spend time with the queen. You got to know about her.

Hours and hours passed like that. You both were in your silence reading eachother's books.

The silence broke when the door bursted open with Rosè coming through.

"Where were you? I searched the whole castle for you!" She said catching her breath.
"You all are back?" The queen questioned.
"Yes mother, we are. Why are you here Y/nie?" She asked.
"She's you best friend,and you don't even know what she likes the most?" The queen Inturrupted.
"You like,books?" She asked.
You hummed at her with a smile.

"And how do you know?" She questioned to her mother.
"It's...a secret " she replied.
"Here read one. I know your style."
You said handing her a book,titled
'My love'

"Mm...love ay? Let's give it a try" she said and sat on a chair beside you.

You all finished as the maid called you for lunch. You and Rosè took your books to your room and left it on your dressing table before going.

As you greeted the others and took your seats,the other pair of best friends came and took their usual seats. Infront of you both. The maid served what you ordered and stood beside you. As you took a bite,you could feel two eyes glazing at you.

You looked up to meet the dark browned magnificent pair of eyes. You kept contact with it for a while,but got snapped by Rosè.

"What happened eat up." She said. You hummed and continued. Jimin,was cursing his sister under his breath for ruining his moment with his woman.

"Everyone," the king started. "you know our anniversary is coming up."
"So?" Asked Rosè. Her mouth stuffed with food.
"Your father and I thought we could do a grand ball this year. Not cause of that only. We have some special guests too."
The queen finished.
"Who are you going to invite,mother?"
Asked Jimin.

"The whole kingdom afcourse. And, a few close kings and their families too."
He replied.
"And when is does this occur?" Question Rosè.
"The day after tomorrow. "The queen replied.

"Y/n,Felix why are you both silent?" Asked the queen as you and your brother's head shot up. You both look at eachother and gulped down the food you were chewing.
"Your decisions are ours,mother" Felix said as you gulped down your glass of water.

"Y/n dear?" The king called.
"Yes father?"
"What about you?"
"As he said father,your decision,is my decision." You repeated your brother's words as you were lost for them.
"See,my friend has raised his children as him. Okay,it's settled. Day after tomorrow is the ball. Prepare everything staring now. " he ordered the gaurds as they ran out to do what their king

A/n p.o.v

Sorry for the short chapter