Chapter Twenty-Four

—First Person POV

—First Person POV.—

Before I could have the chance to just stand and gawk, the Prince gently steered me to the side—offering a thankful nod down at the Traveler as we stepped through the entrance.

Behind us, the door clicks shut with a soft echo, leaving Midoriya to catch up so we could resume our steps down the corridor.

Our conversation had dwindled into silence by the time we'd rounded the first corner.

And by now I was internally wondering just how long could I keep holding his Highness's arm for it to be counted as a little less etiquette and more so an intimate gesture.

I think I've accepted the fact I'm probably going to get murdered tonight by one of the lovely Ladies that left a dog's guts and shit in my bed the moment word gets around.

And judging by the prying eyes of the passing servants— I'm definitely screwed.

Out of the corner of my vision, I could catch Midoriya tugging his hood back up to slightly obscure his features.

A part of me is thankful for his presence because at least with him here, it wasn't just me and the Prince walking side by side—there was a third figure, a buffer that probably made everything look a lot less conspicuous.

Granted, this third figure was dressed in a dirty, stick-and-leaf-infested cloak— But now, I wasn't just some woman hanging on the Prince's arm in broad daylight.

Instead, we were a trio, the traveler unknowingly saving me from the curious glances that will most likely fall our way.

Despite my current internal objective of writing a will, and my eyes attempting to glance anywhere but at the Prince by my side—I managed to take notice of a group of servants.

Thankfully these ones weren't too hellbent on staring at us, rather, they were crowded around a door—actually, now that I'm closer, they looked to be struggling with it.

That's mainly portrayed in their faces being mixes of frustration and concern.

With the chatter, I'm able to catch that the door was just locked from the inside, and their previous efforts to open it had come up futile.

When the Prince neared, heads turned and quickly bowed in a show of respect—in a passive response, I caught him nodding slightly and continuing on while they turned to whisper amongst themselves.

Hushed plans of probably breaking down the door brush over my ears and cause my steps to come to a slowed pause.

"One second." I clear my throat when my attention flickers up to meet his gaze—

The Prince had already been staring down at me and I'm alerted that his stride had also stilled with a tilt in his head to showcase the confusion his expression has trouble conveying.