A Test Of Commitment

After weeks of discussion, pros and cons lists, and sleepless nights, they reached a decision. Benny would go to New York for the fellowship while Lexy stayed in Montana to manage the farm. They would visit each other as often as possible and make their long-distance relationship work. It was a difficult choice, but they believed their love was strong enough to withstand the distance.

Benny's departure was bittersweet. They held each other tightly at the airport, promising to call and video chat every day. Lexy watched as he boarded the plane, her heart aching but filled with pride for him.

### Chapter 25: Challenges and Growth

The first few months were tough. The time difference and their busy schedules made it challenging to find time to connect. Lexy struggled with the increased workload on the farm and the loneliness of Benny's absence. Benny, on the other hand, was overwhelmed by the demands of his fellowship but was thriving professionally.

One night, during a particularly tough period, they had a heated argument over the phone. "You don't understand how hard it is here without you, Benny! The farm, the animals... I feel like I'm drowning," Lexy cried.

"I know it's hard, Lexy. But this is important for my career, for our future. Can't you see that?" Benny responded, frustrated.

They hung up feeling distant and disconnected, both questioning if they had made the right decision.