Chapter Fourteen

The four of you made your way back to the states, saying goodbye to the beautiful bubble that was Wakanda, but not without thanking them immensely for all their help before bringing your now about ten-year-old son to your house.

It was weird, to say the least, but getting to know Cory was interesting and you loved how you could see a bit of Natasha already rubbing off on him.

"I'm starving," He sighed dramatically from the back seat of your car as you and Natasha drove home, "Oooh, can we get that?" He pointed to the golden arches that every kid and adult knows all too well, "I wanna eat so much food my insides don't know what to do with themselves."

So maybe there was a lot of you in this kid too.

Natasha side glanced you knowingly and you cringed before turning into the drive-thru, ordering everything that looked good, but not without some judging, narrowed eyes from your wife while you did it.

"We should really think about feeding him a vegetable." She mumbled behind her burger, and you scoffed as you had one hand on the wheel, the other on a chicken nugget.

"What's this then?" You smirked when both you and Cory held your burgers up to your assassin, showing the toppings of onions, lettuce, and tomato, "Plus, ketchup is a vegetable, so that's double the tomato."

"Oh my god," Cory muttered in awe, "I never knew that."

"It's not!" Natasha called back exasperatedly with a smile and then turned to you, "You really need to stop teaching him stuff like that."

"Can we go to the park?" He suddenly perked up, ketchup and bits of burger smearing his lips as his eyes were big and bright, "I want to pet so many dogs."

"We should get home first," You cleared your throat, proudly telling him, "And then you can meet Ollie."

"Who's Ollie?" He tilted his head adorably, "And do they like cupcakes? Because I think I'm really gonna like cupcakes."

"Ollie's our dog," Natasha told him, and you smiled to yourself, "So, he can't have cupcakes, but he'll be happy to take all those pets you mentioned."

"We have a dog?" He dropped his jaw in excitement, and you had to bite your lip to stop yourself from grinning too much, "I need to tell someone about this!"

He was pushing the button to roll down the window and you were confused as to why before you got to a stop light, and he caught a stranger's attention.

"Sir!" He shouted over, drawing eyes, and Natasha turned back to stop him, "We have a dog, isn't that amazing? Do you have a – oh, your shoe's untied! Here, let me help..."

He went to open the door but then Natasha pulled him back in as you both laughed, and he looked on longingly towards the man's shoe.

"Don't get out of the car, Cory," She scolded lightly with a smile, "And don't try to tie a stranger's laces."

"I didn't want him to trip," He told her plainly and then got distracted before she could even respond, "Do dogs like kids?"

"They love them," You nodded happily, "And Ollie loves everyone."

"That's so cool." He mumbled to himself with a small smile, playing with the brown beaded bracelet on his wrist that Bucky had given him before you dropped him off at the tower.

You pulled into the parking garage and the three of you made it over to the house, climbing the stoop to unlock the door. Immediately, you heard the excited taps of Ollie's paws from the kitchen, and you knew that meant Valerie and Cory were already here because you asked them to bring the dog over, but you also wanted them to meet someone.