Chapter Ateteen

A ringing in your ears didn't help your dizzy state as you tumbled out of that room, feeling nauseous and weak. It was different this time and there wasn't an ounce of pink in that room, but you had definitely snapped.

Threats to your family aren't taken lightly and it wasn't long before this 'unfinished business' you were sent on spiraled nearly the moment Natasha took your friends and Cory out of the city.

"Y/n?" Steve's voice echoed down the hallway, but you couldn't even lift your head in his direction as you leaned on the wall and you gave him a moment as he took your state, "Oh my god, you're...covered in blood."

He swallowed thickly and you wiped your mouth on the back of your hand, smearing the blood and fuck knows what else across your cheek.

"I need your phone," You held your bloodied hand out, your voice hoarse from all the yelling, and he gave it to you without a second thought, eyes still on the blood trail you left from the conference room, "Thanks," You found her contact and put it to your ear as it rang, mumbling to yourself, "Pick up, pick up, pick up..."

"Hello?" You let your eyes close as you sighed in relief and relaxed just at the sound of her voice, "Hello? Steve?"

"Nat," Your voice betrayed you, "Where are you guys?"

You barely registered Steve going around you to follow the trail backwards, needing to know what happened as he readied his shield just in case, and you knew he'd be pissed at you.

"Just made it to Kentucky," She rushed out, "What's going on? Why're you using Steve's phone?"

"Natasha..." You trailed off, squeezing your eyes shut as the screams flooded your ears as if it was all still happening, and you let the tears fall, "I fucked up."

"I'm turning around right now." Her voice was even, but you could tell she was filled with worry.

"No," You quickly snapped back into it, "Stay away, this isn't going to be an easy fix up and I don't want you guys here when..."

"When what?" She gritted out slowly.

"When the rest come for my head."

"Nobody's coming for your head." Fury's voice came from behind and you whipped around to face the eye patched man.

"Natasha, I have to call you back, but stay where you are, okay?" You rushed out, "Get a hotel, pay in cash, and the four of you just stay hunkered down, out of sight."

"Call me the second you can, okay?" You could tell she was nodding, her mind probably going a million miles.

"I promise," You nodded, meaning it, "I love you."

"Love you too. So, kick it in the ass and no matter who you have to kill, get back to us."

You ended the call, eyes still on Fury as they were glued there from the moment you turned around, and he crossed his arms, letting out a huff.

"I killed them," You told him honestly as Steve came out, a hand over his mouth as he cringed at the smell of heavy copper, "And why'd you bring me here if you weren't even going to be in the room?"

"They cloned my number," He explained, "It was all a setup."

"They threatened Cory, they threatened my family," You told him firmly as Steve joined you both, "And I wasn't going to leave that room alive, I could see it on their faces."

"I know," He admitted, you and Steve shooting him looks of surprise, "And there's still three out there that'll come for you, but they're much more ruthless."

"They want me, and Cory erased," You concluded, ignoring the pounding against your skull, "Well, I'll happily murder SHIELD to stop that from happening."

A few states away...

"We're going to stay in Kentucky for a few days, alright?" Natasha plastered a smile on her face as she peered back at Cory and Valerie who both groaned.

"As beautiful as this state is," Valerie started, "Is there any reason?"

"Yes." Natasha told her shortly and BC nodded from the front seat.

Valerie had taken Cory into the convenient store to get road snacks and missed the conversation Natasha had on the phone with you, but BC had caught the entire thing.

"Okay," Valerie forced a smile, sensing something else was going on, "Could be fun to just hang out, watch TV, and eat our weight in pizza."

"Can we get Taco Bell?" Cory gasped excitedly, his whole face lighting up, and Natasha smiled.

"Sure, we'll just have an extended sleepover." She nodded, but then when she turned back to the road again, there was a roadblock on the empty back road she had chosen.

Three people lined up in front of the black cars and one of them pulled out what seemed to be a grenade launcher, throwing it over their shoulder, as the other two had heavy automatics at their sides.

"Hang on!" Natasha yelled, skidding the car over to the side as they shot out, missing them by feet as the bomb tried to hook to the underside of the car, "Get down!"

Everyone crawled out the car the opposite side, using the vehicle as a shield as the three agents opened fire on the group.

"Holy fuck!" Valerie yelled as Natasha took her gun and shot out over the hood while Cory covered his ears.

Natasha was thinking the same time she was pulling out weapons that she carried on the mother fuckin' daily, spotting a small building that appeared to be abandoned only about fifty meters away.

"Take this," She handed BC a pistol and what looked to be a detonator, "Grab Cory and Valerie, run as fast as you guys can to that building and the moment you get inside, press this button."

"What're you going to do?" They asked shakily, taking what she offered.

"I'm gonna take care of it." She pursed her lips and then looked to Cory, "Mommy needs you to run, okay? Can you follow Aunt Val and BC for me?"

"We're going to fucking die." Valerie was mumbling and Natasha rolled her eyes, not having time for that.

"Bad guys?" Cory asked as a new round of firing shot off around them and Natasha tensed when she sensed them getting closer.

"The worst kind," She nodded, and he seemed to steel himself, nodding back in confirmation before crouching like he was ready to pop up for a sprint any second, but Natasha waited until the bullets stopped, they needed to load up again, before she shouted, "Go! Go now and don't look back!"

She popped up the same time, shooting at the agents in an attempted distraction, hitting one in the chest twice as he went down, and the three of them bolted for the building. She continued shooting but took a hit to shoulder as she killed the second of the three agents, pressing her back against the car as she panted heavily, the pain getting to her.

She eyed the three slipping inside safely and she took out a ball from her pocket, closing her eyes for a moment before throwing it out behind her.

She held her breath when there wasn't a sound on the road and the second she whipped around to clean up her leftover mess with a bullet, her arm was grabbed.

"Not this time, widow." He snarled, yanking the same arm she held the gun so she'd drop it, but then she used her injured one to quickly pull out a one bullet mini gun to press against his chest, unloading it into his heart.

He fell back and shot the car again as he went down. She let out a deep breath, clutching her shoulder with a groan as she looked back at the roadblock, making sure that was all of them.

The reason she had the one bullet gun was because you gifted it to her as a joke, it had 'BW' printed in red all over it, and she only took it from the house because it made her smile, remembering when you gave it to her as a part of your Valentine's Day surprise.

"Thanks, baby."