Chapter Seventeen

Warning: Domestic abuse, miscarriage, and death. Italics contain all the sensitive information included.

You ended up spending the rest of the evening, into the night, with Wanda, Steve, Maria, and even Thor joined the calvary eventually after you texted Natasha to let her know you might get some drinks with a few people. It wasn't until around ten that found you creeping into the house and with Ollie glued to Cory's side these days, your presence wasn't known as you unlocked the door and then locked it again behind you, hanging your coat on the rack nearby afterwards.

Figuring Cory was already in bed, you didn't want to make much noise, but when you turned the corner, you saw him with Natasha and Ollie in the kitchen, pouring cupcake batter into a pan to be baked. You smiled softly at the sight, still not noticed by them as they were a bit distracted, giggling when Cory missed a little and it got on Ollie's nose where his head was resting on the counter, practically drooling with anticipation.

You opened your mouth to greet them, taking a step forward, but then your phone vibrated, and you fished it out, startled by the feeling. You opened the text from Fury and furrowed your eyebrows as you read it, panic shooting through you.

Closeted Furry: SHIELD is coming for you. Send Natasha, Cory, and your friends on a holiday. You're due for court in two days.

It was cryptic, but you knew enough about what you've done in the past to know what they found.

Some things you buried so deep, if you dug them up again you wouldn't be able to recognize yourself in the mirror.

"Babe?" Natasha's voice pulled your attention up from your phone as you eased up on the death grip you had on the device and forced a shaky smile as they both had looks of concern.

"Mom, is something wrong?" Cory asked innocently, but he wasn't as clueless as he led on because he was narrowing his eyes on you like he already knew exactly what you were thinking.

"Fury's calling me in," You picked your words carefully like you've seen Natasha do countless of times, clearing your throat as you stepped further into the room, and they watched you carefully as you spoke, "But I have a surprise first."

"What is it?" Cory's expression changed entirely, and for a fleeting moment, you thought you had imagined the whole knowing look he had a second before, but that look would haunt you in the days to come.

"I was thinking," You smiled mischievously, "Maybe we could gather some of our friends and take a mini vacation? Someplace sunny to just get away for a while?"

"Can we go to China?" He gasped, looking from you to Natasha whose eyes stayed boring into you.

Natasha was explaining to him, still side glancing you with indignation, that that wasn't really a good idea since it was out of country, and you felt guilty for springing this on her, but you knew shit was about to blow up in your face.

"You're the healer! So, heal me, bitch!"

"Two sides to every coin," You gritted between your bloodied teeth, looking down at the whimpering man with a pole through his middle from where he had fallen back as you guys fought, "And you shouldn't have done those things to your girlfriend, you piece of shit."

"What're you – you can't just let me fucking die!"

"Y/n?" Natasha voice pulled you back again and you blinked slowly before your eyes focused on your redhead, "What do you think?"

"Sorry?"

"She was thinking about December." Cory whispered loudly to Natasha who just looked at him in confusion as your blood went cold.