Chapter: 11

A Meager of Facade

The Morning After

In the heart of Delhi's bustling cityscape, the Raizada Mansion stood tall, a testament to its inhabitants' glory and success. Within its grand walls, however, the complex and often deceptive dynamics of the Raizada family unfolded. At the center of this intricate web was a couple whose love was as unyielding as fate itself.

The morning sun filtered through the curtains of one of the mansion's rooms, casting a warm glow over Khushi and Arnav as they slept soundly, unaware of the challenges that lay ahead. As the light grew brighter, Khushi stirred, irritated by the intrusion. She pulled the blanket over her face, hoping for a few more minutes of sleep. But the persistent ringing of her phone thwarted her plans.

Reluctantly, Khushi answered the call and slipped out to the balcony to avoid disturbing Arnav. But her movements had already roused him. Watching her from the bed, Arnav felt a surge of annoyance at the early morning interruption. After freshening up, he joined her on the balcony, where she was still engrossed in conversation. With a playful gesture, he pointed to his cheek, requesting his morning kiss.

Khushi blushed but obliged, planting a soft kiss on his cheek. "Good morning," she whispered, hugging him tightly.

"Good morning, my Moon-eye-rabbit," Arnav replied, feeling her happiness radiate. "What’s got you so cheerful this early?"

Khushi’s eyes sparkled. "I just got some amazing news. Vihaan called to say that the project we’ve been working on is finally ours. He’s been such a big help."

Arnav’s smile was genuine, but beneath it simmered a hint of jealousy. "Vihaan Ethan Malhotra, right? Your P.A. and childhood friend?"

"Yes," Khushi said, oblivious to Arnav's internal struggle. "He’s done so much for me. We should meet him for dinner tonight to celebrate."

Arnav agreed, though he silently vowed to keep his jealousy in check. They headed downstairs to join the family for the morning aarti.

Morning Aarti and Family Dynamics

In the Mandir room, Khushi's melodious voice captivated everyone, while Arnav's rare participation left the family pleasantly surprised. After the aarti, they moved to the living room where Khushi thanked Nani for her kind words and the heartfelt gift of her late mother-in-law's blessings.

Mami, always one for playful banter, teased Khushi. "Oh my, Khushi bitiya, what's with all this sudden affection for Nani? I'm here too, you know. Give me some love as well! And what presents are you talking about?"

Khushi laughed, hugging Mami. "Don't worry, Mami. I have plenty of love for you too. And as for presents, it's the blessing of my mother-in-law that Nani gave me."

Anjali, hearing this, joined the conversation. "I heard you talking about a gift, Khushi. What did my mother give you?"

Arnav glanced at Nani, silently asking for help. Nani sighed and explained, "Well, Anjali bitiya, I just informed Arnav that your mother always wanted Khushi as her daughter-in-law. She used to speak of Khushi being her fated daughter-in-law. That's the gift she's talking about, nothing materialistic but the words of her mother-in-law. And Khushi bitiya, you don't need to thank me. In fact, I should be the one thanking you. By coming into my Chote's life, you not only filled his life with happiness but it is as if you have completed my daughter's last wish."

Nani's eyes glistened with emotion as she hugged Khushi. However, Khushi noticed that Nani had left out the mention of the wooden box that contained her mother-in-law's personal items. She eyed Arnav and Nani but decided to keep quiet for now. "Of course, Nani, I will join you," Khushi replied softly.