Chapter : 4

Shadows of Deception

Plans and Preparations

Khushi was oblivious to the tumultuous thoughts that plagued ASR's mind. Arnav Singh Raizada, the man she loved, was resolved to keep her close, not wanting to share his precious moon-eyed rabbit with anyone. His plans were secretive and intense, brewing beneath his calm exterior.

Meanwhile, at the Gupta house, the atmosphere was entirely different. The modest home was abuzz with preparations for Payal's wedding. The family had spared no effort in decorating the house with shimmering lights and colorful flowers. Garima Gupta, Payal's mother, was running around, ensuring every detail was perfect for her beloved daughter's big day. The irony of the situation was palpable; while the house was filled with joy and celebration for Payal, their adopted daughter, Khushi, was all but forgotten. The Guptas had sent her away under the guise of being a bad omen, and Khushi was blissfully unaware that they were also using the insurance money her parents had left for her to fund Payal's wedding.

Garima, a petite woman draped in a vibrant saree, was directing the decorators with a sense of urgency. As she moved around, she nearly collided with her husband, Shashi, who was pacing nervously, his face etched with worry.

"Garima ji, our daughter is marrying into a good family. Why should a father worry about that?" Shashi tried to reassure his wife, though his own voice betrayed his anxiety.

Garima shot him a sharp look. "You don't understand, Shashi ji. Payal has found a good man with a handsome salary. How can you not be concerned about everything going perfectly?"

Shashi sighed deeply, shaking his head. "I still don't understand how she managed to snag such a wealthy man."

Garima's eyes sparkled with pride. "Our Payal is so innocent and beautiful. He probably fell for her charm."

"I just hope his family will accept her," Shashi said, his voice heavy with concern. "They're getting married without informing them, after all."

"I trust our damadji. He will keep our Payal happy, and his family will accept her," Garima reassured him, though her voice carried a hint of uncertainty. Her tone turned harsh as she added, "And it's good we sent Khushi away. Once Payal is married, I will kick her out. I have endured enough of her."

Shashi nodded in agreement, his face set in a grim line. "You're right. Her parents' property won't do us any good since it's in her name, and we've already used her insurance money. We don't need her anymore. Do whatever you like."

Garima's face twisted with anger. "And that Arnav Malik (aka Rathode now Raizada/ note:- Malik is a title used at that time for higher status people) , always claiming Khushi as his. He'll see what we do now."

Their conversation was interrupted by a plump woman, Madhumati, who joined them with a look of curiosity. "What are you two talking about? Have you thought about Khushi? I don't want to see her here after Payal's marriage."

Before they could respond, Payal's voice rang out, filled with disdain. "When will we remove that burden from our home? I bet she's enjoying herself with those guys she met at the temple."

"Don't worry, Payalya," Garima assured her daughter. "Your father and I have decided to kick her out. We won't get her property, nor will she."