Loose Canon: Scraps and Stuff

AN: Basically, a bunch of crap I cut out from the final draft of the previous chapter. Have fun!

______________________________

-- In a very early edition (I believe the first draft), Anabel was meant to investigate the Serena case after Looker's death. At some point, she and Looker happened to be on separate missions, and Looker would of course be killed by Ash. Anabel would learn of her partner's death, and dig around to find out the reason. Digging around in Looker's stuff as well as examining what files he had gathered, Anabel would learn about Ash and Serena, and with her crush on Ash still there, she decides to try and work things to her advantage. Of course, this was cut out in favor of the current version. I found my final idea to be easier and more fun to write and stretch out.

-- Looker and Anabel's fight was way worse in an earlier draft. In the current version, Looker tries to be reasonable and acts understanding to Anabel's feelings. Originally, he was meant to adopt a "Never my fault" mindset as well as use their work as an excuse for hiding everything from Anabel. This would serve to infuriate her to the point that she physically attacks him, either by

A. Punching Looker in the nose, then insults him

B. The anger causes her canon empath powers to evolve into Sabrine-esque psychic powers, and she uses these new powers to attack Looker, such as force-choking him.

This was cut out as I find the concept too "edgy" and unrealistic. The above, especially the psychic part, is more in place than some unoriginal and poorly written betrayal or aura Ash fic that I'd expect from a website like Wattpad. When I go for major projects like this, I want my content to be actually worth your time reading.

Now as for the unrealistic part, Anabel intends to retain her job in the Interpol. Attacking a superior/fellow employee will be an one-way ticket to unemployment town. In addition, I want Anabel to be in the wrong here. She is not mentally stable after her revelation, and I want it to show by her being unreasonably angry and accusatory. 

-- Anabel was originally going to kill the guard herself, shooting him in the back of the head and leaving a gun there to make it seem he committed suicide. There are several problems with that, of course. A forensic team will be able to figure out it was a homicide in 10 seconds, and had Anabel left the suppressor still attached to the weapon, investigators will scratch their heads why a normal guard would have access to something only offered to government agents. Finally, having Anabel going so far as mind controlling and forcing a person to commit suicide will go to show how far she has fallen and is willing to go. Besides, that type of darkness is what one expects out of AtK, and Yuu likes that.

-- In one version, Anabel would also head into the hospital's archives to destroy evidence there, likely by burning or stealing files. However, hospitals and medical facilities never allow anyone who is not a staff member enter the archives, and files offered are always copies. 

-- For literally all of half a second, I thought of maybe Anabel masturbating to a picture of Ash to sell her turning to a yandere like Serena, but that thought was crushed. Because firstly I write stories, not smut, and also that means I have to change this book's rating to Mature, which I would prefer not to. I felt ashamed as a writer and human being for even considering that idea for a split second. 

-- All the stress from her falling out with Looker, and coming up with and going through with her plan has put quite a good deal of stress and pressure on Anabel, therefore I want to show it by having Anabel pick up one of the following:

A. Eating Disorder. Perhaps "eating disorder" is too strong of a word here. Stress eating would be more appropriate. At multiple instances in the story, Anabel would find herself eating something like a candy, chips, or a sandwich at times which may be inappropriate. 

B. Smoking. Smoking is a common way to deal with stress (whether it is effective or not is a whole other discussion), and it is not completely unlikely for Anabel to take it up (for instance, Grace became a smoker in AtK, I believe). In the story, she would've lit one up after eliminating the guard, when she arrives at the hospital, or as she is preparing to leave. 

This is the one that came closest to being added to the chapter. In fact, I was tempted to go back and edit the chapter to include the smoking scenes. But ultimately, I believe the story is just fine without it.

________________________________

AN: Well, this is all the scrapped bits that I could remember. If you have any questions, feel free to ask and I will try my best to answer them. Until next time, StrangeFryingPan out.