0 | CAPTAIN JACK SPARROW

[  welcome to my jack sparrow story, and first and foremost, I want to thank ami_hates_you who I took some inspiration from for this chapter. you should absolutely go check out their jack sparrow fic, as I love it so much. I'll have the first official chapter up in a day or two!  ]

COMING SOON

WE ARE NOT FRIENDS.

NERISSA KNIGHTLY was a curious child

NERISSA KNIGHTLY was a curious child. As the daughter of a Commodore in the port town of Nassau, one would think she'd be the most upstanding of young ladies. One would think she'd revile all things to do with piracy and any other forms of delinquency. One would think she should enjoy the public hangings her father had been dragging her to since she was five years old.

One would be wrong.

Much like her far away, older cousin in Port Royal, Elizabeth Swann, Nerissa found pirates to be a fascinating topic. So much so that it worked at her father's nerves. It made his job all the more difficult with his daughter running around town, claiming that pirates deserved things like rights and fair trials.

Commodore Knightly was thoroughly scandalized the first time she said she'd quite like to meet a pirate, just to see what one was like. She wanted to compare it to the stories she'd read and send notes back to Elizabeth.

One would also think that the fort on Nassau would be air-tight. One would be wrong again.

It had a horrible habit of its prisoners escaping. No one really knew how pirates got out so easily, especially when their locks were so sturdy.

Then again, the key to the cells was guarded by a golden collie that was the best of friends with a young Nerissa Knightly. So friendly, in fact, that he'd let her slip the key from around his neck anytime she pleased. She'd found herself a short list of pirates — friends, she called them in her letters to Elizabeth — by the time she was nine years old.

Of course, she couldn't save every pirate that was caught by the navy — and some deserved their deaths, she rather thought. The ones that killed and destroyed villages and terrorized women. But she didn't think a man need die just because he had an affinity for thievery.

It was at the age of nine, going on ten that Nerissa freed her last pirate. Her father had tragically died at sea, and her mother had been long dead since childbirth. So, Nerissa was being sent to her nearest relative — the Swann family at Port Royal.

Two days after learning of her father's death, a pirate by the name of Jack Sparrow was captured. She'd overheard the Lieutenant that was meant to replace her father's position any day now speaking about the ridiculous manner of which Sparrow was caught. He'd been impersonating a member of the clergy, which evidently, hadn't been very believable.