4 | THE INTERCEPTOR

YOU'RE A NAUGHTY THING.

WILL LED NERISSA DOWN TO THE JAIL CELLS IN THE BOTTOM OF FORT CHARLES, which was unguarded given that everyone was out dealing with the aftereffects of the attack

WILL LED NERISSA DOWN TO THE JAIL CELLS IN THE BOTTOM OF FORT CHARLES, which was unguarded given that everyone was out dealing with the aftereffects of the attack. It was incredibly lucky for them that they didn't run into anyone that would drag them back to James kicking and screaming.

Jack Sparrow was there, and Nerissa felt a sense of deja vu, seeing him lying on his back in the hay with his eyes closed. But Will was quick to snap him out of his peaceful moment alone.

"You, Sparrow!" he snapped.

He peeked an eye open, trying not to let his gaze wander to Nerissa, wondering why she was there with the man that led him to being locked up. "Aye."

"You are familiar with that ship? The Black Pearl?" he questioned.

"I've heard of it," he shrugged, closing his eyes once more.

"Where does it make berth?"

Nerissa thought Jack looked more amused than anything. "Where does it make berth? Have you not heard the stories? Captain Barbossa and his crew of miscreants sail from the dreaded Isla de Muerta. It's an island that cannot be found — except by those who already know where it is."

"The ship's real enough," Nerissa said, glaring at him. She wasn't in the mood for ghost stories no matter how true. "Therefore its anchorage must be a real place. Where is it?"

He quirked an eyebrow. "Why ask me? I tried to kill you. Both of you," he said before nonchalantly studying his dirty nails.

"You wouldn't have," Nerissa said, rolling her eyes. And Jack hated that she was right.

"Because you're a pirate," Will spat wrathfully.

"And you want to turn pirate yourself, is that it?"

"Never!" Will roared, grabbing the bars of the cell.

"They took my cousin, Elizabeth," Nerissa told Jack in a softer tone. She knew she wouldn't get any sympathy from him, but she shot him a pleading look nonetheless.

Jack glanced curiously between Will and Nerissa who were shoulder to shoulder. "So, is it that this lassie is your girl? Or you've found a girl in need of saving? Well, if you're intending to brave all, hasten to her rescue and so win fair lady's heart, you'll have to do it alone, mate. I see no profit in it for me."

"I can get you out of here," Will said quickly before Nerissa even offered.

"How's that?" Jack asked, looking at Nerissa instead of Will. She was the expert, after all, on breaking out pirates. "The key's run off."

"I helped build these cells. These are half pin-barrel hinges," he explained before picking up a wooden bench and placing it at the bottom of the cell door. "With the right leverage and the proper application of strength, the door will lift free."